Order Of The Phoenix
Order Of The Phoenix
Order Of The Phoenix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Marauders Forever

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
House Points
Slytherin and Ravenclaw are cooler than you.
Similar topics
El Zombi Pequeño
Affiliates

Lesson One: Offensive and Defensive Magic.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
watch her rise.
Slytherin
Slytherin
watch her rise.

House : Slytherin

Lesson One: Offensive and Defensive Magic. Empty
PostSubject: Lesson One: Offensive and Defensive Magic.   Lesson One: Offensive and Defensive Magic. EmptyTue May 18, 2010 9:46 am

Offensive and Defensive Magic.
I believe in short lessons are good lessons so my classes will not ramble on. But will (hopefully) get straight to the point. If you have any questions, feel free to ask me.

When dueling the spells you cast will fall into one of these two categories. Offensive or defensive. From there the categories can keep branching off, but I find that these two are the main groups.

Offensive magic is used to attack your opposition, trying to render them unable to fight. Or in more serious duels trying to kill them.

Defensive magic is used to protect yourself, sheilding from spells that your opponent is casting at you. You are more focused on protecting yourself then from trying to harm the opponent.

Now while both are useful on their own, using them together gives you a greater advantage. because you are protecting yourself while attacking. Don't get too caught up in one that you forget to the do the other. But in most cases, if you must stop one, stop attacking and fall back on defending yourself. The opponent will sometimes get too caught up in the fact that you aren't fighting back and get careless. Which gives you a chance to catch them unaware.

Homework.

For your homework, I want you to list four spells. Preferably Two offensive and two defensive but at least have one of each category.

List what the spell is, what it does, how to pronounce it. If possible, also do the wand movement and how this spell will help you in a duel. If it also applies, how it can hinder you.
Back to top Go down
http://ootp.niceboard.net
bossyboots.
Slytherin
Slytherin
bossyboots.

House : Sssssslytherin. Fear my Parsletongue ;)

PostSubject: Re: Lesson One: Offensive and Defensive Magic.   Lesson One: Offensive and Defensive Magic. EmptySat Jun 05, 2010 7:11 am

Incendio, makes fire and catches things on fire, in-sen-dee-oh

Protego, shields you, pro-teh-go

Reducto, blast stuff out of caster's way, re-duck-toe

Expecto Patronum, wards off dementors, ex-pec-toe pah-tro-num
Back to top Go down
http://ootp.niceboard.net
josettes.
Ravenclaw
Ravenclaw
josettes.

House : Ravenclaw/Meriwether

PostSubject: Re: Lesson One: Offensive and Defensive Magic.   Lesson One: Offensive and Defensive Magic. EmptyTue Jun 08, 2010 2:44 am

Confringo - a blasting curse which pretty much causes things to explode. Can hinder you as it tends to ricochet around a room. con-fring-oh.

Confundus charm - confuses your opponent, giving you time to cast spells on them without them firing back, or good for making a quick getaway. con-fun-doh.

Finite Incantatum - ends the effects of many spells that your opponent may have cast on you. fuh-nee-tay in-can-tah-tum

Langlock - prevents the opponent from speaking, which can prevent them from casting any more spells on you. lang-lahk.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lesson One: Offensive and Defensive Magic.   Lesson One: Offensive and Defensive Magic. Empty

Back to top Go down

Lesson One: Offensive and Defensive Magic.
Page 1 of 1