Order Of The Phoenix
Order Of The Phoenix
Order Of The Phoenix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Marauders Forever

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
House Points
Slytherin and Ravenclaw are cooler than you.
El Zombi Pequeño
Affiliates

Amortentia

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
bossyboots.
Slytherin
Slytherin
bossyboots.

House : Sssssslytherin. Fear my Parsletongue ;)

Amortentia Empty
PostSubject: Amortentia   Amortentia EmptySat Jun 05, 2010 8:15 am

Amortentia Amortentia

Amortentia is called the most powerful love potion in the world. This potion can be recognized by its distinctive mother-of-pearl sheen and by the fact that its steam rises in characteristic spirals. The potion smells differently to different people according to what attracts them.

However, this potion does not cause true love, as real love can not be made by magic. The effects will ware off over time, but they can also be renewed, should the giver chose to administer more doses to the drinker.

The effects of Amortentia are said to strengthen as the potions sits and awaits consumption. The effects of this potion and other love potions depend on varying degrees, two of which being the weight of the drinker and the attractiveness of the person with whom the potion is supposed to make the person obsessed. The target for the potion does not necessarily have to be present when the consumer becomes obsessed with said target.

When the antidote to the potion is given, the drinker will remember all behavior from the time they were under the influence of it.

These types of potions are banned from Hogwarts, but have been smuggled into the school.

Homework

1. What color is the mother-of-pearl sheen? Place an image with this color. Do not use the same image as the person above you, or you will be docked points.(worth 5 points)
2. What can be used as an ingredient in love potions? (worth 3 points)
3. What are two ways love potions have been smuggled into Hogwarts? (worth 1 point each)
EXTRA CREDIT (optional): What do you think your Amortentia would smell like? (worth 2 points back)
Back to top Go down
http://ootp.niceboard.net
watch her rise.
Slytherin
Slytherin
watch her rise.

House : Slytherin

Amortentia Empty
PostSubject: Re: Amortentia   Amortentia EmptySun Jun 06, 2010 5:21 am

1.A mother of pearl sheen is one of these colours. They are Mother of pearl.
2.Moonstone is a common ingredients in many varities of love potions.
3.Two ways that love potions have been smuggled in is Fred and George's love potions that are concealed as cough medicines and perfumes from freinds/family outside of the school.
EC.I think my Amortentia would smell like rain amongst other things, because I love rain and being out in it. It is wonderful.
Back to top Go down
http://ootp.niceboard.net
josettes.
Ravenclaw
Ravenclaw
josettes.

House : Ravenclaw/Meriwether

Amortentia Empty
PostSubject: Re: Amortentia   Amortentia EmptySun Jun 06, 2010 1:56 pm

1. Mother of Pearl

2. Frozen ashwinder eggs are often used in love potions (maybe they cause a burning passion? Razz)

3. Love potion has been disguised as candy (as in the case of Romilda Vane) and as perfume/cough medicine by Fred and George through their WonderWitch line.

EC: Amortentia for me would smell like coffee brewing and smoke rising. Two smells that ought not mix, but I love them both SO much.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Amortentia Empty
PostSubject: Re: Amortentia   Amortentia Empty

Back to top Go down

Amortentia
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Order Of The Phoenix :: Classes, OOTP Style :: Potions-
Jump to: