Order Of The Phoenix
Order Of The Phoenix
Order Of The Phoenix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Marauders Forever

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
House Points
Slytherin and Ravenclaw are cooler than you.
Similar topics
El Zombi Pequeño
Affiliates

Salem Academy of Sorcery Sorting Quiz.

Go down 
+7
ampersand!
gustafer
munches.
watch her rise.
bossyboots.
josettes.
this modern glitch.
11 posters
AuthorMessage
this modern glitch.
Ravenclaw
Ravenclaw
this modern glitch.

House : Ravenclaw and Burkenshire

Salem Academy of Sorcery Sorting Quiz. Empty
PostSubject: Salem Academy of Sorcery Sorting Quiz.   Salem Academy of Sorcery Sorting Quiz. EmptyThu Mar 04, 2010 4:17 am

With the new addition of the Salem Academy or Sorcery to our RP world, we decided to create a sorting quiz, so you can see which house you will end up in. For information on the houses, go see the announcement thread posted by Ellie in the Roleplaying section.

The four houses are: Remington, Burkenshire, Meriwether, and Eberhardt.

Please post your answers the following questions. Thoroughness is appreciated.

What is the most important value for a person, and why?

What is your greatest fear?

What are you most proud of?

What is your biggest flaw?

Which part of your personality most defines you?

Is it better to a) always tell the truth or b) protect people's feelings?

Is it worse to be a) too sentimental or b) too judgmental?

Would you rather a) be unhappy and successful or b) be unsuccessful and happy?

Are you more of a leader or a follower?

Are you more a) hard on yourself or b) hard on others?

Last edited by katarama! on Thu Mar 04, 2010 7:20 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
josettes.
Ravenclaw
Ravenclaw
josettes.

House : Ravenclaw/Meriwether

PostSubject: Re: Salem Academy of Sorcery Sorting Quiz.   Salem Academy of Sorcery Sorting Quiz. EmptyThu Mar 04, 2010 5:17 am

I think that the most important thing for a person to have, throughout their life, is a thirst. It isn’t enough to go through life bored and uninterested. As long as you are going after something, you have the chance of fulfilling that dream and beginning again.

My greatest fear, without a doubt, is rejection. I think it is what a lot of my flaws stem from. I change my behavior or don’t take risks just to make sure that I don’t fail.

Right now, I’m very proud of my growing ability to be honest with the people around me, even when I don’t have to be. My family has always had a problem with trust, and I think that I feel better knowing that I can be truthful even when it comes down to the hard things.

Hm. I think I tend to not be myself on occasion. I actually don’t really know at this point what exactly I’m like when I’m being completely natural. Anyway, I act differently around different people and it makes me feel very fake on occasion.

As of right now, I’d have to say the nerd part. My life is mostly about information right now Razz And that’s the way I like it, especially with college coming up so quickly. I don’t think it’s actually my intelligence that defines me...just me thirst for intelligence. If that makes sense.

Is it better to a) always tell the truth or b) protect peoples' feelings?
I think that I normally do a little bit of both, but my father raised me to be a really honest person. I am one of those people that can tell you that your new haircut is not quite right when no one else will. However, I’m likely to tell it to you nicely. So, I’m between a and b?

Is it worse to be a) too sentimental or b) too judgemental?
I think it’s a terrible thing to be too sentimental. Don’t get me wrong, I love to write sappy romance and listen to love songs sometimes just like most girls, but when it comes to real life, I like to see things realistically and without too much room for pity. If you think like that too much, you’re likely to get the wool pulled over your eyes fairly often. (Aka, a)

Honestly? I’ve experience being unhappy before and it’s pretty much just average, and I think success would at least give me the prospect of being happy in the future. Whereas being unsuccessful could cause me to die. So a. (Wow, my answers are very unconventional :S)

I think I’m more of a leader because, especially if I have what I think is a good idea, I feel like I try to kind of take over the situation. Like working in groups at school; I like to have control of everything so that I know what’s going on.

Hard on myself Razz Definitely. I am chastising myself for all of these answers right now.
Back to top Go down
this modern glitch.
Ravenclaw
Ravenclaw
this modern glitch.

PostSubject: Re: Salem Academy of Sorcery Sorting Quiz.   Salem Academy of Sorcery Sorting Quiz. EmptyThu Mar 04, 2010 5:27 am

Salem Academy of Sorcery Sorting Quiz. Meriwe10

Congratulations!
Back to top Go down
bossyboots.
Slytherin
Slytherin
bossyboots.

House : Sssssslytherin. Fear my Parsletongue ;)

PostSubject: Re: Salem Academy of Sorcery Sorting Quiz.   Salem Academy of Sorcery Sorting Quiz. EmptyThu Mar 04, 2010 5:50 am

People should most values themselves over anything else. If a person does not like themselves then they cannot expect other people to like them either, and as is the law of human nature we all want to be accepted. To be accept we must accept ourselves.

I think that what I fear most comes to a tie between failing and depending on people. I would hate to fail at something I'd tried hard on, and I hate depending on people because I expect to either let them down or to have them let me down.

I'm not a particularly proud person, but I guess if I have to choose something to be proud of I'll pick playing the viola, since no one else in my family (or rather household) can play an instrument or do anything musical at all.

My biggest flaw would have to be my insecurities. I have a tendency to think myself less than those I'm surrounded by and am often unsure of what I say or do.

The part of my personality that most defines me I think is my shyness. While I'm working to grow out of it, I am still a very quiet person and I tend to try to avoid interaction with people I don't know or people I'm uncomfortable around.

Telling the truth is a far better quality to have, even if it means to hurt someone. I would rather tell someone the truth than have them find out in a worse way at a later time. And I would like the same to happen to me.

Both are equally bad. If one is too sentimental then they have the potential to be a push-over, but at the same time, being too judgmental makes you an unlikable person.

Would you rather be unhappy and successful or b) be unsuccessful and happy?
I would much rather be happy than be successfu. And besides, you can be successful by your standards even if not by someone else's. If I were happy, I would call that a success.

I typically think of myself as a leader, since I don't believe in following behind people, but my lack of decision making skills tends to put me more on the follower side.

I'm harder on myself, constantly thinking of my flaws and how I should have done something better, even if what I should have done is beyond my skill level.

CONGRATULATIONS!
Salem Academy of Sorcery Sorting Quiz. Reming10
Back to top Go down
http://ootp.niceboard.net
watch her rise.
Slytherin
Slytherin
watch her rise.

House : Slytherin

PostSubject: Re: Salem Academy of Sorcery Sorting Quiz.   Salem Academy of Sorcery Sorting Quiz. EmptyThu Mar 04, 2010 5:59 am

To believe in what hey are doing, if you are doing somehing that you don't believe in it's a waste of time and will most probably crash and burn. You have to think that what you're doing is right no matter what and what everyone else says can get stuffed.

Doing something that will stuff up my life and whatever future I may have. Like I don't know but just that I'll somehow stuff it all up and everything will crash and burn around me. Which is kinda why I get nervous doing new things because yeah..

My writing I suppose. Though I get really self concious about it, not wanting people to read it in case they think it sucks or something. or that the plot is stupid and merlin knows what else. But im really proud of it and someone telling me that it's good really makes my day.

I can get worked up and upset over small things which in the grand scale don't really count. It's also I suppose a pride thing cause I don't like even the smallest dint in it which stops me from asking questions a lot.

My Uniqueness? Idk. I suppose I'm just an odd person all round XD But like I'll act like myself which is generally weird and not care what other people think. (Like I've taken to carrying a pen either behind my ear or chewing on the end of it while I work even if there is no paper near me) Like I know people probably think I look retarted but they are welcome to think what they like. I do not care. Or most of the time I don't.

Protect people's feelings, like yeah sometimes the truth is best but other times protecting people's feelings will work better. If I do think that I should tell the truth I'd say it nicely and not just you know meanly to their face.

Too judgemental, because you'll take the smallest things and judge people on them when really they might be nothing like how that small glimsp of them showed you. And you're not really judging the person on the whole person but on a part of the person.

Am I allowed to be successful and happy? Probably not as that would undermine the questions but Unsuccefful and happy, what's the point of being succesful if you are unhappy, you don't feel the satisfaction of being successful. Though I suppose I would also like to be succesful but prefer to be happy.

Leader, I really do not like doing what others say. I will do it but I won't like it and if I don't agree with it i'll be doing a really bad job of it. But leading I suppose I'll get things done, make sure others have things to do and are actually doing them. (Not playing basketball with a cardboard box.)

A bit of both? But more so myself, other people's stuff-ups I usaully tend to forget kinda quickly but mine no matter how little of a screw up it was I get really like "ehhh I stuffed up what's everyone thinking agbua9rgbo;are" kind of thing. Y'know?
Back to top Go down
this modern glitch.
Ravenclaw
Ravenclaw
this modern glitch.

PostSubject: Re: Salem Academy of Sorcery Sorting Quiz.   Salem Academy of Sorcery Sorting Quiz. EmptyThu Mar 04, 2010 6:11 am

Salem Academy of Sorcery Sorting Quiz. Burken10

Congratulations, Prongs!
Back to top Go down
this modern glitch.
Ravenclaw
Ravenclaw
this modern glitch.

PostSubject: Re: Salem Academy of Sorcery Sorting Quiz.   Salem Academy of Sorcery Sorting Quiz. EmptyThu Mar 04, 2010 7:14 am

I think that the most important value for a person is that of empathy. I think it is really very important to be able to see things from the point of view of another person, because even if you don't agree with them at all, it helps provide a wider range of perspective. You may not agree, but you can at least understand, and it is that understanding which helps us to build meaningful relationships where none would be otherwise seen.

My greatest fear is that of failure--everyone else has said this so far, practically, but it does not make it any less true. I've had a lot of pressure put on me, throughout the years, especially by my family, to live up to my potential and to my sister. I've managed so far, but I sometimes suspect that it was out of pure luck, and that it all could come crashing down on me. Up until now, there's really been virtually nothing I could not handle, but I know that it is unrealistic to expect this to last long.

I am most proud of my intelligence. It is one of the few compliments I don't outright refuse out of habit, and I think it truly does make me who I am, in many ways. I know I am not the smartest person in the world, not by a long shot, but I know that I can wrap my brain around things that confuse the heck out of other people. I've known it since I was little, and it is still true today.

I don't know that I have one biggest flaw, per se, but a lot of little ones, which band together to fight against me. I have a quick temper, and although I get over things rather quickly, I often find that I say things I regret later. My personality morphs on a day-to-day basis, person-to-person basis, and often, what is the honest-to-goodness truth one day is complete and utter nonsense the next. I don't make sense to others or to me, and I've spent my entire life working to make sense of myself.

My interactions with others define me the most, oddly enough. I have the tendency to over-think the wordings in trivial, every-day conversations, and since my mind is racing at a million miles a minute, my logic often goes over other people's heads, since I did not make the connections out loud. When I'm with other people, my sense of humor and my morals shine, as well as my sense of paranoia, layers upon layers of personality quirks subconsciously added on to divert people from what I want them to see most.

I do honestly believe that it is best to tell the truth. By all means, tell them politely, and in a way that is as least offensive as possible, but a person needs to be told. If you don't tell them, someone else will, someone who is much less considerate regarding their feelings. Also, if the person knows the truth, they can use the truth to change a situation, although the truth may be painful at first.

I think that it is worse to be too judgmental. If you judge a person prematurely, you are in essence severing all ties to a person before you even get to know them. This is not only hurting yourself, but hurting them. If you are too sentimental, you are opening yourself up for pain in the long run, but in judging, you are not the only one who suffers.

This one is really hard for me, but I would have to say b. If I am happy, that would mean I would not be unhappy with the fact that I am unsuccessful, which negates the one argument I would have for why I would want to be successful and unhappy. Happiness is one of the goals I strive for most, and I would not give it up for all the riches in the world.

I'm really not a follower in real life, since most of the people I know are NOT the types of people I would want to emulate, at all. However, I'm not really that much of a leader, either. I would love to say I was, but in all honesty, I'm just kind of there, living in my head, and ignoring the rules of the world. I don't usually actively defy the rules, I just don't follow them. I suppose it is a form of passive resistance, but really, I don't care about that.

I am much harder on myself. I tend to try to see the best in others, even when they are terribly annoying, but I cannot transfer that over to myself.

CONGRATULATIONS!
Back to top Go down
munches.
Slytherin
Slytherin
munches.

Location : Im the heir of Slytherin. Of course you would want to know were I was.
House : Slytherin :D FTW !?

PostSubject: Re: Salem Academy of Sorcery Sorting Quiz.   Salem Academy of Sorcery Sorting Quiz. EmptyFri Mar 05, 2010 12:50 pm

This is a little hard. I suppose, I myself value individuality. Without us being ourselves, what would the world be? You would see a stereotypical clone around every corner if we had no individuality in the world. The world would be boring, and every little upset to the plain world it would be would be devastating. Individuality is important, as it shows who your really are and that you don't choose to 'go with the flow'.

Death. It may sound a little corny, but I am scared of the day that my family will die, that my friends will die, that I will die. It doesn't sound like a very pleasant experience, and I curse the day that I will have to leave this world. I am extremely young, and I have lots of years left in my body. Knowing that one day I will no longer be able to be apart of the world, well, It helps me get over the little things that annoy me and live life to the fullest.

Now, this is extremely hard. I'm proud that I turned out a kinda good person, I'm proud that I get over fights with friends and the next day act like nothing happened (though in the back of our minds, we know something did). I suppose I am proud of being able to hold on to the friends I make, no matter what happens between us.

My selfishness. I need to learn that other people need things too.

That would be...oh dear... I am pretty flamboyant, When I am in a good mood I often act a little odd, blurting out in class and talking way too loud. I speak, a lot, but sometimes it does get my in trouble.

Tell the truth, but I find myself often not telling the truth, but not lying to a person about somethings to spare their feelings. I'd rather have the truth, because if you don't know if you're messing up on something, how are you supposed to improve?

Too judgmental. You cannot go around making up assumptions about a person that you've never met, how are you supposed to meet new people that way?

Unsuccessful and happy. I'm already slightly unhappy, and I'd rather leave a happy life without too much victory.

I like to lead, I suppose, but I am often a follower.

Hard on myself, I always find the flaws in myself and it really brings down my confidence. I've always had really bad, I suppose, feelings? about how I am.
Back to top Go down
http://scentandblood.twilightlegend.net/forum.htm
this modern glitch.
Ravenclaw
Ravenclaw
this modern glitch.

PostSubject: Re: Salem Academy of Sorcery Sorting Quiz.   Salem Academy of Sorcery Sorting Quiz. EmptySat Mar 06, 2010 1:18 am

Congratulations!
Back to top Go down
gustafer
Gryffindor
Gryffindor
gustafer

House : hufflypufffly.

PostSubject: Re: Salem Academy of Sorcery Sorting Quiz.   Salem Academy of Sorcery Sorting Quiz. EmptySun Mar 14, 2010 10:24 pm

What is the most important value for a person, and why? Love. Or, by default, since I don’t really know if love can be a value, then the respect and appreciation of love in all forms. However, this is arguable, because the cynic inside me is saying, “Love won’t save you when the zombies come.” So perhaps the greatest value for humanity to survive is hard work. However, if we want to strive, we need love. Very Happy

What is your greatest fear? Oh dear. Pain. Most definitely. Besides that, there are lizards, fish, serial killers, rapists, guns, being hated, and rabies.

What are you most proud of? I’m not quite sure. I really don’t get proud of myself very often. If I had to pick, my first slash piece ever written. It’s titled “Hello Kitty Bandaid, Anyone?” and I think it’s the highlight of my writing career. And I've only gotten positive feedback, so yay. Not that I wanna be a writer "when I grow up", or anything. But still.

What is your biggest flaw? Oh, this easy. I have a flip side of me. Ninety percent of the time, I will be the nicest, most loving, most cheerful person you know. Guaranteed. The other one percent of me is an emo, whining, hateful, angst-ridden biotch. Who thinks bad things about herself, lies to people who care, and is sarcastic. Actually, I’m sarcastic quite a bit. She doesn’t appear very often, though. Yes, I consider this side of me to be different from my normal self. Which is not crazy AT ALL.

Which part of your personality most defines you? Well, the worst part. Obviously. Everyone is only good as their lowest point, is my personal opinion. Actually, that’s untrue. I, MYSELF, am only good as my lowest point. Despite how nice I am usually, I think that when I get put into a testing position and I break (not always, but sometimes) is what defines me. I can be stronger.

Is it better to a) always tell the truth or b) protect people's feelings? I’m impartial to both. Sometimes, the truth is only causing more pain than necessary. I know this probably makes me a horrid friend to say this, but it’s true. I can name several examples where I have lied to save a friend from more embarrassment. I like playing God, it’s part of that other August. If I can alter things so, in my opinion, justice is served, and I can save someone or hurt someone to my liking, I will. Well, not so much hurt someone. I’m not that bad, usually. But yeah. Saving people, I do that a lot.

Is it worse to be a) too sentimental or b) too judgmental? Um. Can I pass this question? xD Oh dear. I am not really sure. See, I am too sentimental. I am everyone’s shoulder to cry on. I’ve been backstabbed, slapped across the face, and proven wrong about my friends, but I am forgiving. Part of me says I am not that forgiving, as I am more weary, but honestly. Example number uno. My best friend, the only person I would have said I loved unconditionally, is the only one who has ever succeeded in completely annihilating me. I won’t bore you with the details, but we are still friends. And she’s still taking advantage of me, though not as bad as before. On the other side, though, people who are too judgmental, and REFUSE to see the good in other people, anger me. Love, baby. Love.

Would you rather a) be unhappy and successful or b) be unsuccessful and happy? Happy, and unsuccessful. Unless I was at unsuccessful at making others happy, which is kinda like my goal in life. Then I’d rather be unhappy with all my family and friends happy, me thinks. But when my friends are happy, I am happy, too. So I really don’t know what to say to this.

Are you more of a leader or a follower? Natural born leader. However, I refuse to assume my role. I’ve been called a Valley Girl before: behind my “blonde” nature, and “silly” comments, is a straight A student (besides my math grade atm. It’s slipping! :C) and someone who is very motivated. I have surprised a lot of people by how dorky and nerdy I am. I’m just not nerdy in public. I think the only time I have really stepped up to the plate would be pushing for a debate team to be made in our school. That’s pretty much it.

Are you more a) hard on yourself or b) hard on others? Hard on myself. Whenever I find myself thinking something bad about someone, I mentally slap myself. I am a firm believer in love, not herpes. I believe in true happiness, not artificial ones (which is from false friends, wild parties, and drugs). I know I can be better than I am, and I know I slack quite a bit, and a resolution of mine is to stop that. I don’t believe in romantic love, at all, I am a cynic, but I do believe in a different kind of love. Like, passion for others. But instead of saying, “I HAVE PASSION FOR YOU!” I just say “I love you!”. This is off topic, oops. But yeah, hard on myself. I have a lot I could offer to a lot of people, but I don’t.

Well there you have it! August ini a page! I hope you don’t think worse of me, D: but know you know.
Back to top Go down
http://augustestunebaleine.tumblr.com
this modern glitch.
Ravenclaw
Ravenclaw
this modern glitch.

PostSubject: Re: Salem Academy of Sorcery Sorting Quiz.   Salem Academy of Sorcery Sorting Quiz. EmptySun Mar 14, 2010 10:37 pm

Congratulations! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
ampersand!
Ravenclaw
Ravenclaw
ampersand!

PostSubject: Re: Salem Academy of Sorcery Sorting Quiz.   Salem Academy of Sorcery Sorting Quiz. EmptyMon Mar 22, 2010 5:15 am

I place great importance on curiosity, no matter how many dead felines there are out there.

Failure. That’s why I so rarely try.

Myself, of course.

My stubborn unwillingness to recognize my own flaws.

The part that doesn’t ever exist out loud. The me that’s too impolite to live outside my head.

Tell the truth. The rest is sentimental hogwash.

Too judgmental. People are more willing to accept the warm than the cold.

I’m sorry, I don’t understand the question. You’re not a success unless you’re happy.

I prefer to avoid group activities.

Hard on others. It’s a problem.
Back to top Go down
this modern glitch.
Ravenclaw
Ravenclaw
this modern glitch.

PostSubject: Re: Salem Academy of Sorcery Sorting Quiz.   Salem Academy of Sorcery Sorting Quiz. EmptyMon Mar 22, 2010 5:33 am

Salem Academy of Sorcery Sorting Quiz. Eberha10

CONGRATULATIONS!

You're our first Wink
Back to top Go down
MARIE ANTOINETTE.
Ravenclaw
Ravenclaw
MARIE ANTOINETTE.

PostSubject: Re: Salem Academy of Sorcery Sorting Quiz.   Salem Academy of Sorcery Sorting Quiz. EmptyThu Mar 25, 2010 11:56 pm

I value intelligence and honestly. They far forgo all other traits.

Time.

Right now, the poem that I wrote. I'll shout it out to the heavens!

My enthusiasm.

Sadly, again my enthusiasm.

Tell the truth. Don't talk to me about protecting feelings.

Soft of heart, soft of head.

The only reason anyone has to be successful is happiness, so without that, success would lose all meaning.

I refuse to follow the leader.

Hard on myself. Everything is kind of blurred at a distance.
Back to top Go down
this modern glitch.
Ravenclaw
Ravenclaw
this modern glitch.

PostSubject: Re: Salem Academy of Sorcery Sorting Quiz.   Salem Academy of Sorcery Sorting Quiz. EmptySun Mar 28, 2010 4:08 am

Reevaluated, with the help of Moony, you have been resorted.

CONGRATULATIONS!

Last edited by new soul. on Sat Mar 24, 2012 9:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
SecretNinja
Gryffindor
Gryffindor

House : Gryffindor

PostSubject: Re: Salem Academy of Sorcery Sorting Quiz.   Salem Academy of Sorcery Sorting Quiz. EmptyThu Aug 12, 2010 3:16 am

The ability to be honest and laugh. Because I dount anyone wants to be lied to and feel really depressed.
NEEDLES.
My accomplishments, and proving people wrong.
That I'm not perfect. :)
The cheerful part.
I want to say B, but I know A is better.
B. I can't stand JUDGEMENTAL people. Ugh.
B. I'd wanna do what makes me happy!
I don't really know. Somewhere in between I imagine.
Hard on myself.
Back to top Go down
Lily-flower
Ravenclaw
Ravenclaw
Lily-flower

House : Ravenclaw :P

PostSubject: Re: Salem Academy of Sorcery Sorting Quiz.   Salem Academy of Sorcery Sorting Quiz. EmptyThu Aug 19, 2010 4:05 pm

I can't believe I haven't done this yet...

At the moment, I would say trust, but only because I've been hurt recently and found out you can't blindly trust people...and people you can are a blessing.

Being a failure...having all these dreams and falling short. Also heights XD Can't stand them...

My playing ability, I'm decent...and my willingness to learn, I love trying new things

I can be impulsive...acting on feelings rather than facts, and sometimes confusing even myself on past actions

Hmmm...my randomness...I have no idea where the things I say come from half the time

Telling the truth...not bluntly of course

I am wayyyy too sentimental...I feel sorry for people who have seen me watch sad movies, but that's beside the point...I dislike judgmental people

Unsuccessful and happy...haha just being happy is a success on its own is it not? Doing what you love is also a success.

A leader...I try my best not to follow, I help people around me and I take the initiative

myself...sometimes I get so angry at myself while practicing or something that I feel like giving up on my dreams. People tell me I'm a good player...but I'm not good enough
Back to top Go down
Jasmine Wright
Squib
Jasmine Wright

PostSubject: Re: Salem Academy of Sorcery Sorting Quiz.   Salem Academy of Sorcery Sorting Quiz. EmptyTue Sep 27, 2011 12:02 pm

Trust because if ur not able to trust someone then theirs no point in that friendship
being rejected
winning my basketball grandfinal
i easily trust people
that i'm a bit of a nerd
alwaus tell the truth
judgemental
be unsuccessful and happy
Leader
Are you more a) hard on yourself or b) hard on others? hard on myself
Back to top Go down
this modern glitch.
Ravenclaw
Ravenclaw
this modern glitch.

PostSubject: RESORTING   Salem Academy of Sorcery Sorting Quiz. EmptyWed Sep 28, 2011 3:06 am

The most important value for a person is flexibility. Life is going to throw curve balls, and when it does, it is important to be able to cope. If you cannot deal with the changes that come with life, you can never be completely in control of your life. In my personal opinion, that makes it a lot harder to be happy. You have plan ahead, but you also have to be able to roll with the punches and take life as it comes.

I don't really have one, concrete "greatest fear" exactly. I am afraid of failure, because I have gone so long without truly failing that I feel like if I screw up now, my life plans will fall apart. I have a strong aversion to pain, but that's part of being human. That's not really a fear. There is very little that I am truly afraid of, though.

I am proud of the way I see the world. I can see things very logically, reasoning through things and looking at them objectively. When it comes to philosophical musings, I tend to have an odd point of view, because I do not think about things the way that other people do. I have lots of strange mental quirks, and ideas come spontaneously and often. My brain will skip steps because it can, and I understand a lot while understanding very little. I could get lost in my thoughts for days, and I can talk about them forever without really having it make sense to anyone. I used to be incredibly proud of this fact, because it made me hard to read and understand.

I don't have one major flaw, either, really, but a lot of medium-sized ones. One of my worst ones right now, though, is that I tend to be impatient and demanding when it comes to other people. I don't have much patience for people who are not as intelligent as I am, and I am always in a hurry to get things done. I don't trust other people easily, unless they've proven to me that they can be trusted.

The part of my personality that most defines me is the fact that although I am constantly growing and changing, I always stay the same. If you had talked to me three years ago, you would have been talking to an entirely person than if you talked to me today. Although I've grown more cynical, more jaded, and more aware of the real world, I've also grown more mature, more honest, and more comfortable in my own skin. I know exactly who I am at the time. I could be someone completely different in an hour. I could be completely different in a day, or a year. However, there are large parts of me that never, ever change. My sense of morals, my priorities, and a lot of my most important interests and beliefs do not shift much.

The truth is best. Putting it delicately is preferable, but sugar-coating bricks doesn't really make them taste any better, in the long run. However, honesty is always the best policy. If you aren't honest, you end up getting burned.

I think both are bad. However, I think that being too judgmental annoys me more. I am thinking about this way too much, because I just almost started railing about political rights and how society being too judgmental has led to regular denial of rights for LGBT people.

I would rather be unsuccessful and happy, because happiness is success in and of itself.

I guess it depends on your definition of what a leader is. I don't follow, that's for sure. I don't really consciously aim to be a leader or anything, either. I do whatever I want, and if other people want to follow, that's great for them. If that is leading, then yes, I am absolutely a leader.

I am hard on everyone. I tend to be a fairly critical person. I am very forgiving, and always willing to give second chances, but only for people I like. My gut instinct is to say I am harder on myself, though. I nitpick and overthink everything.

I think I made all of these questions ten times more complicated than should be humanly possible.

Last edited by new soul. on Sat Mar 24, 2012 11:47 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
bossyboots.
Slytherin
Slytherin
bossyboots.

House : Sssssslytherin. Fear my Parsletongue ;)

PostSubject: Re: Salem Academy of Sorcery Sorting Quiz.   Salem Academy of Sorcery Sorting Quiz. EmptySat Mar 24, 2012 8:56 pm

The most important value for a person varies from person to person. No two people will agree exactly. What I think won’t be what someone else thinks.

My greatest fear is myself. It’s like the phrase “I am my own worst enemy”. I fully have the potential to ruin myself, even without realizing it at times. The concept is absolutely terrifying.

I’m most proud of the person I’m becoming. Sure, I kind of hate myself sometimes, but overall I think I’m doing pretty damn good with what I’ve got to work with.

My biggest flaw is that I show my emotions too easily. When I’m upset or happy or angry, people know, even if I don’t necessarily want them to.

None of them. I am not a single characteristic. I am made up of multiple characteristics that all have a semi-equal pull on who I am. I cannot define myself with just one of them.

Sometimes it is better to spare people’s feelings. If by lying you make a situation better, by all means do that. Sure, the truth is good and all, but why hurt someone over it when you can avoid doing so. Just don’t get caught.

Both of them have their disadvantages. Being overly sentimental leaves you open to being hurt, but being judgmental leaves you with a great risk of hurting the people close to you and losing them. Personally, I would say that being too judgmental is worse, just because…what is the point of a life without people to share it with, even if it means getting hurt?

I don’t know that I could have one without the other. I would want to be happy, ultimately, but if I felt like I’ve failed at something then I couldn’t be happy. The two are largely intertwined.

I try my best to be a leader, but sometimes I don’t mind kicking back and letting someone else call the shots, unless they suck royally at it. That’s when I’ll gladly step up and put my two cents in.

Hard on myself.

Salem Academy of Sorcery Sorting Quiz. Meriwe10
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Salem Academy of Sorcery Sorting Quiz.   Salem Academy of Sorcery Sorting Quiz. Empty

Back to top Go down

Salem Academy of Sorcery Sorting Quiz.
Page 1 of 1