Order Of The Phoenix
Order Of The Phoenix
Order Of The Phoenix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Marauders Forever

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
House Points
Slytherin and Ravenclaw are cooler than you.
Similar topics
    El Zombi Pequeño
    Affiliates

Can I Have All Your Eyes and Ears?

Go down 
    2 posters
    AuthorMessage
    josettes.
    Ravenclaw
    Ravenclaw
    josettes.

House : Ravenclaw/Meriwether

Can I Have All Your Eyes and Ears? Empty
    PostSubject: Can I Have All Your Eyes and Ears?   Can I Have All Your Eyes and Ears? EmptySun Mar 21, 2010 2:54 am

Stevie blinked hard against the harsh light of the sun and smiled vaguely. It was Monday morning yet again, it seemed, and she pushed the covers back and hopped lightly out of bed. She crossed the cream yellow carpet and popped open the deep violet curtains to let the sun invade the room the way that it wanted to. She was so glad to finally have a roommate who was just as much an early bird as she was. Her roommate for the first and second years of school had made her dress quietly in the dark every morning, resulting in a lot of stubbed toes and mismatched socks.

Walking over to the sink, Stevie brushed her teeth thoroughly, smiling at her pearly whites as she finished, and began to brush through her hair. She decided on a ponytail for the day as her hair didn't want to lay flat and walked to the closet. Not doubting for a moment that it would still be quite warm out, she pulled out one of the shirts she'd gotten last year when Burkenshire had won the volleyball tournament. She quickly slipped into the shirt and a pair of random jeans before slipping on a pair of flipflops. Glancing over at her roommate's bed, she saw that she was already getting up. "Morning, Danny," she said brightly as she slipped her glasses over her ears.
    Back to top Go down
    watch her rise.
    Slytherin
    Slytherin
    watch her rise.

House : Slytherin

PostSubject: Re: Can I Have All Your Eyes and Ears?   Can I Have All Your Eyes and Ears? EmptySun Mar 21, 2010 3:08 am

Danny's enternal clock had gotten lazy over the years, back when she was living in Queensland she would be up even before the sun so she got to the beach right at sunrise and could spend a few hours there before all the little kids and their parents came along and on school days spend some time surfing before school. But now as she didn't get up every morning to surf she woke up later. Which to some people was still pretty early but by her old standards it was quite late.

She was already awake when the curtains were pulled open and light streamed into the room, though she had only been awake for a few moments. Yawning slightly Danny got out of bed running a hand through her hair as she did so. Leaving the cover in a spangled mess, Danny could never be bothered making the bed, she walked over to her dresser. One thing she liked about the school over here was that they could wear casual clothes. She would have loved to be able to wear casual clothing at her school in Australia.

"Morning Stevie," She said walking into the bathroom, she ran a brush through her hair, pulling it up into a high pony tail and slipping a hair tie around her wrist. She went back into the main room looking around the floor for her shoes. She kicked them off when she got in and then could never find them. After looking for them for ten minutes, she found one under her bed and the other under the dresser. Muttering she slipped them on.
    Back to top Go down
    http://ootp.niceboard.net
    josettes.
    Ravenclaw
    Ravenclaw
    josettes.

PostSubject: Re: Can I Have All Your Eyes and Ears?   Can I Have All Your Eyes and Ears? EmptySun Mar 21, 2010 3:37 am

Walking back over to the window now that her eyes had somewhat adjusted to the light, Stevie peeked out over the grounds. In the distance she could see the small dot of General Cameron running laps around the track, as he did every morning before classes started. As much as she loved having him as a coach, Stevie despised Defense Against the Dark Arts and therefore dreaded his class most days. She couldn't see anyone else on campus and figured it was just another consequence to being such an early riser.

Stevie picked up her bookbag and dug around for a moment, finally pulling a slightly crumpled and torn schedule. Monday morning first thing was Fine Arts, which meant Theater. That was exciting, although half of the students would probably be dead on their feet this early in the morning. That would only make it more fun, though, since the students who were more awake would probably get to do more, which would give them more credit. She like keeping good grades in easy classes, as it helped keep her grade point average up. Looking over at Danny, she smiled. "Theater first thing this morning! I hope Mr. Carter lets us do something fun today!" Trying to arrange her bookbag, making sure she had the proper books she needed for the day, Stevie eyed the door. "Want to go down to breakfast together?"
    Back to top Go down
    watch her rise.
    Slytherin
    Slytherin
    watch her rise.

PostSubject: Re: Can I Have All Your Eyes and Ears?   Can I Have All Your Eyes and Ears? EmptySun Mar 21, 2010 3:56 am

Danny then proceed to spend the next ten minutes looking for her book bag, she really did have the worst memory when it came to where she had left things. Once she had found it she emptied the contents onto the floor putting the things that she needed back into the bag and then went to find the other things she needed for the day to chuck in. Danny was not a very organised person.

Going over to her bedside table she put on the various bits of jewelery she wore. A ring, that she'd been given for her thirteenth birthday, a silver chain anklet with various bits and bobs on it and a necklace with a silver surfboard. She put her foot onto the bed while she did the clasp up on her anklet and turned to Stevie as she said something.

Her eyes lit up at the mention of theature. That was one of her favourite classes and she would be sad when the next year came and Fine Arts studied another form of art. "Awesome," She said in responce to that, she also hoped that they did something fun. It was also amusing watching people to try and perform when they were half asleep. "Sure," She said in responce to going down to breakfast together.

Danny glanced around the room to see if she had everything, she spotted her scan card lying on the floor and picked it up thinking that she needed to take more care of that thing, less she lose it and be unable to get into her dorm.
    Back to top Go down
    josettes.
    Ravenclaw
    Ravenclaw
    josettes.

PostSubject: Re: Can I Have All Your Eyes and Ears?   Can I Have All Your Eyes and Ears? EmptySun Mar 21, 2010 5:15 am

Giggling slightly as Danny snatched up her scan card, Stevie played with the lanyard she wore around her neck that held hers. She only ever took it off when she was in the shower, as she knew that she would never lose it that way. She had lost hers a few times during her first year and her roommate was always annoyed at having to come around and let her in. That had made her learn her lesson and she had made herself a lanyard so that she could keep up with it.

Happy to be starting her day so early, Stevie trekked out of the room, assuming that Danny was close behind her. She took the stairs two at a time on the way down and had gained so much momentum by the time that she got to the bottom that she nearly ran into the door that led to the pathway to the main school building. She skidded in time though, thanking her athletic skills for that. She opened the door and walked into the warm but pleasant air outside. It was a short trek to the main school building, and the back door opened directly into the cafeteria. It smelled of waffles and sausage and Stevie quickly hurried over to the buffet, smiling at the lunch lady as she stacked up two waffles and quickly stuck some butter and syrup on top. She grabbed herself a glass of orange juice and sat down at one of the huge tables with her breakfast, waiting for Danny to join her.
    Back to top Go down
    watch her rise.
    Slytherin
    Slytherin
    watch her rise.

PostSubject: Re: Can I Have All Your Eyes and Ears?   Can I Have All Your Eyes and Ears? EmptySun Mar 21, 2010 7:42 am

When Danny was certain she had anything she shut the door behind her, Stevie having gone out of the room a few moments later. She followed Stevie smiling slightly as Stevie nearly ran into the door but stopped herself at the last moment. The two girls trekked towards the cafeteria. Danny didn't mind having to walk outside to get from their dorms to the main building. Though it was rather annoying when it was pelting rain.

The food smelled wonderful and Danny didn't waste any time grabbing a plate and piling it with sausages. She usaully didn't have sausages in the morning but she had taken quite a liking to the food. Grabbing a glass of juice Danny went to sit next to Stevie. She had just about woken up by now, it didn't take Danny very long to wake up in the morning.

She took a bite out of her breakfast wondering what the time was. She did have a watch, somewhere, but she never remembered to put it on when she found it and then could never fnd it.
    Back to top Go down
    josettes.
    Ravenclaw
    Ravenclaw
    josettes.

PostSubject: Re: Can I Have All Your Eyes and Ears?   Can I Have All Your Eyes and Ears? EmptySun Mar 21, 2010 8:21 am

All was quiet through the first half of her waffle-eating, but then a few students started filing in from the different doors, dragging their feet and groaning. Stevie wondered sometimes what it was like to wake up so sluggish and terribly boring. She pretty much bounded around from the time her eyes popped open until they closed again, and sometimes in between, like when she used to sleep-run. Scraping up the last bits of delicious waffle and washing them down with orange juice, Stevie got up and took her plate and glass to the washing up station where she could leave them.

When she got back to the table she sat down again, finally able to talk properly without her mouth full. "So, how's this year going for you?" she asked Danny, although it was a sort of stupid question. They had all the same classes except for one and roomed together every night. Then again, Danny didn't do any of the things that Stevie did like volleyball, track, and GSA.
    Back to top Go down
    watch her rise.
    Slytherin
    Slytherin
    watch her rise.

PostSubject: Re: Can I Have All Your Eyes and Ears?   Can I Have All Your Eyes and Ears? EmptySun Mar 21, 2010 9:58 am

Danny finished off her breakfast, pushing the plate forward. She would go and put it away when it was time to leave for class, as she couldn't be bothered going and putting it away now. She finished her drink and placed the cup on top of her plate, a random thought of putting the plate on top of the cup soared across her mind for a moment but that didn't last very long.

"Yeah it's good," Danny said nodded twirling her fork around the table, when spining it it hit her knife and went sliding off of the table, clattering onto the floor. She sighed picking it up and placing it on the table. "Classes are good and all that." She said shrugging slightly, she wanted another drink but could not be bothered getting up. In the end she fumbled for her wand, which was helpfully stuck at the bottom of her bag and filled it up with water. "I still think the school needs a pool." Which was one of the things she disliked about the school. It's total lack of something to swim in.

Danny loved swiming and did so whenever she could and the fact that she couldn't throughout the school year annoyed her immeansly. "What about you?"
    Back to top Go down
    josettes.
    Ravenclaw
    Ravenclaw
    josettes.

PostSubject: Re: Can I Have All Your Eyes and Ears?   Can I Have All Your Eyes and Ears? EmptyMon Mar 22, 2010 12:21 pm

Stevie chuckled at the mention of a pool. Danny had been going on about them needing one all year already, and she guessed that the girl had probably been talking about it since she'd started school in the first place. "It would be nice for there to be a pool. The more sports, the better," she admitted, looking around the room. It was all good and well that there were so many kids here looking to have perfect grades, but the whole point of putting physical education in school was that athletics were important too. That had been one of the great things about coming to Salem Academy; The General taught P.E. and coached track, which meant that no one got cut any slack, no matter their excuse. If the nurse deemed them healthy enough to play, they had to go full out. It was nice to know that it mattered here as much or more than it had in Muggle school.

"I'm actually having a good year so far. The boring classes are still boring, of course, but at least I'm getting back to being activity. I have no one to play volleyball against at home, so all I can do is run." She frowned as she noticed the cafeteria was beginning to fill up as much as it ever did, as a lot of kids didn't eat breakfast, and most of the seniors ate in the dorms. "It's getting crowded."
    Back to top Go down
    watch her rise.
    Slytherin
    Slytherin
    watch her rise.

PostSubject: Re: Can I Have All Your Eyes and Ears?   Can I Have All Your Eyes and Ears? EmptyTue Mar 23, 2010 4:18 am

Danny looked around the hall, wondering what the school would do if everyone ate and ate in the cafeteria. But she supposed that that was an impossibility and didn't waste much time thinking about it. She stood up, picking up the cutlery and other things she had used o eat with. She put the dirty dishes in their designated spot. She supposed a teacher or someone cleaned them once breakfast was over, in time for the next meal.

Sitting back down next to Stevie she asked. "Should we head off now?So we're not caught in the rush of students getting to class at the later minute." That had happened to her a few times before and Danny did not appreciate it when people kept knocking into her.
    Back to top Go down
    josettes.
    Ravenclaw
    Ravenclaw
    josettes.

PostSubject: Re: Can I Have All Your Eyes and Ears?   Can I Have All Your Eyes and Ears? EmptyWed Mar 24, 2010 3:38 am

Nodding in agreement, Stevie picked her bookbag up from the floor beside her, having to jerk it a little as it had become stuck on the leg of her chair. She waited a moment for Danny and then they began to walk to the auditorium, where theater classes were held. It was a lot longer walk than the one to most other classes, but it was worth it as the auditorium was nice and very roomy, and it was good to have an actual stage to perform on. Stevie wasn't sure whether she had taken to theater yet or not. She liked it fine, but wasn't exactly sure if she was any good as an actress.

Finally getting toward the classroom, Stevie saw that they were the first ones there, and she quickly bounded to the part of the room that had comfy plush seats for an audience, plopping into one and propping her feet on the chair in front of her. She was always so comfortable here, which was probably why she liked it so much. "Hrm. Even Mr. Carter's not here yet. Strange."
    Back to top Go down
    watch her rise.
    Slytherin
    Slytherin
    watch her rise.

PostSubject: Re: Can I Have All Your Eyes and Ears?   Can I Have All Your Eyes and Ears? EmptyWed Mar 24, 2010 10:31 am

Danny dropped her bag on the ground, hearing the smack as the books coliding into eachother and proceded to cross the room to sit down on one of the seats that Stevie was so fond of. Danny wondered how long it would take for the other students or at least the teacher to get here. It wasn't usual that Danny and Stevie were there before the drama teacher. It was a rare occion when they were.

"Prehaps his alarm didn't go off?" Danny suggested with a slight shrug. She had never used an alarm, she'd taught her body to wake her up at a suffiecent time. Danny liked drama, not just because of what they learnt, which was in most ways fun. But also because of the air it gave off, it was a very happy class. Unlike some classes which were just dead and boring.

She yawned softly, wondering what the time was. It couldn't be hat much longer before she was fully awake. Another reason why she loved Drama so much was that it was active, which was a good class to have in the morning because it woke one up.
    Back to top Go down
    josettes.
    Ravenclaw
    Ravenclaw
    josettes.

PostSubject: Re: Can I Have All Your Eyes and Ears?   Can I Have All Your Eyes and Ears? EmptyWed May 05, 2010 5:59 pm

"Maybe. Or maybe he's busy fighting with the voices in his head," Stevie pondered. It was no secret that their teacher wasn't exactly all there, and it was usually one of the only reasons he was ever talked about by the students who didn't take his art classes. "The teachers might be having a meeting," she noted. "They've been doing that a lot lately." She lifted her fingers, making a square of them as if she were filming the stage. It was always so interesting to be in here, and to know that all the movie stars of the world had probably once been on a stage just like this, messing up their lines and being nervous.

The sound of the door opening made Stevie jump and she turned around quickly in her seat. A group of four or five was filing in together, and there were more coming by the sound of it. Glad that the class was finally arriving, she made herself busy greeting all the people she knew.
    Back to top Go down
    watch her rise.
    Slytherin
    Slytherin
    watch her rise.

PostSubject: Re: Can I Have All Your Eyes and Ears?   Can I Have All Your Eyes and Ears? EmptyThu May 06, 2010 8:47 am

"Hmmm," Danny said shrugging at Stevie as more people entered the room. Danny waved at a few of them, not bothering to go and say hello. She could always do that later. Like when the teacher was talking or something. Besides, if she moved, someone would probably steal her chair. Which was not something she wanted to happen. She liked her chair. Five minutes later the whole class was there but they were still missing the teacher. One of the students suggested they go find him but another shot it down. "If he comes, good, if he doesn't, who cares?"
    Back to top Go down
    josettes.
    Ravenclaw
    Ravenclaw
    josettes.

PostSubject: Re: Can I Have All Your Eyes and Ears?   Can I Have All Your Eyes and Ears? EmptySun Aug 14, 2011 2:50 am

Stevie nodded in agreement, still caught up in waving and calling out to people. "If he doesn't come, we should play a game onstage or something. At least it will look like we were doing something." She grinned at the thought of trying to play Charades or Telephone or something up on the stage, with everyone out in the audience trying to guess. She loved being the center of attention and it made Theater class all the more fun.
    Back to top Go down
    watch her rise.
    Slytherin
    Slytherin
    watch her rise.

PostSubject: Re: Can I Have All Your Eyes and Ears?   Can I Have All Your Eyes and Ears? EmptySun Aug 14, 2011 3:11 am

"Ooh," Danny said with a nod. "That is an idea actually, and then if the teacher walks in part way through we are doing work, somewhat anyway," she added on the end. "Get up there and get everyone's attention," she said prodding Stevie in the side. "Because yeah, I don't want to," she smiled slightly. "And yeah." She wasn't too puzzled about where the teacher was anymore, it would be somewhat nice to have a class without the teacher.
    Back to top Go down
    josettes.
    Ravenclaw
    Ravenclaw
    josettes.

PostSubject: Re: Can I Have All Your Eyes and Ears?   Can I Have All Your Eyes and Ears? EmptySun Aug 14, 2011 7:56 am

Stevie shook her head, grinning, and stood. She reached down for Danny's hand, intent on pulling her along for the trip. "Come on, we'll both go up. I'll do all the talking if you want, I just hate doing things alone up there." It was true. As much as she loved attention, she rarely wanted to be alone in the spotlight, loving to have someone to play off of or to just be near. It helped soothe the little bit of stage fright she'd experienced when she'd first had to stand under the bright lights.
    Back to top Go down
    watch her rise.
    Slytherin
    Slytherin
    watch her rise.

PostSubject: Re: Can I Have All Your Eyes and Ears?   Can I Have All Your Eyes and Ears? EmptyMon Aug 15, 2011 7:45 am

Danny shook her head. "Nooo," she protested but allowed Stevie to pull her to her feet regardless. As the girl would end up doing it whether Danny agreed or not, and this way she wasn't at least being pulled to the stage. "Alright," she said as they two headed up to the stage. "What shall we play? Charades? Spacejump? Anything else?" She paused thoughtfully, drama games going through her head as she tried to find one that she wanted to play.
    Back to top Go down
    Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Can I Have All Your Eyes and Ears?   Can I Have All Your Eyes and Ears? Empty

Back to top Go down

Can I Have All Your Eyes and Ears?
    Page 1 of 1