Order Of The Phoenix
Order Of The Phoenix
Order Of The Phoenix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Marauders Forever

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
House Points
Slytherin and Ravenclaw are cooler than you.
Similar topics
El Zombi Pequeño
Affiliates

Start at the Beginning (When You Get to the End, Stop)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
josettes.
Ravenclaw
Ravenclaw
josettes.

House : Ravenclaw/Meriwether

Start at the Beginning (When You Get to the End, Stop) Empty
PostSubject: Start at the Beginning (When You Get to the End, Stop)   Start at the Beginning (When You Get to the End, Stop) EmptySun May 16, 2010 10:21 pm

Start at the Beginning (When You Get to the End, Stop) Agrippa

Welcome, class, to your first lesson on the magical science we call Arithmancy. Here you may learn to see your future, manage your relationships, or just find out what may be a good day to try something new. First, however, we will learn about the basics of Arithmancy.

Arithmancy is derived from the Greek words arithmos (number) and manteia (divination). Thus we see that Arithmancy is a way of divining our past, present, and future using the numbers that are all around us in our names and birthdates.

Although there are two methods of Arithmancy, Chaldean and Agrippan, we will be studying the Agrippan method. For those of you are not familiar with the great wizard Agrippa, he is pictured above. Agrippa lived in the 14th and 15th centuries C.E. and was a talented magician and alchemist. He was imprisoned by Muggles for his works.

Although Arithmancy is a wizarding practice, it has even tricked into the Muggle world as "numerology", although this is often very unsuccessful due to the non-magical nature of its practicers.

Assignment:

Research Cornelius Agrippa and choose an interesting fact, quote, or reference to him (in either Muggle or magical use). Write a short paragraph on your chosen topic.
Back to top Go down
MARIE ANTOINETTE.
Ravenclaw
Ravenclaw
MARIE ANTOINETTE.

PostSubject: Re: Start at the Beginning (When You Get to the End, Stop)   Start at the Beginning (When You Get to the End, Stop) EmptyMon May 17, 2010 6:30 am

Cornelius Agrippa (herefore referred to as 'Old Corny') is German. I find that really interesting as most people think that all German people must be mean and horrible because of Hitler, but they're not. I had a German friend. Her name was Linda, but everyone called her Penny. She taught me to swear in German and how to say 'I need a shark' which I think is really important.
Back to top Go down
bossyboots.
Slytherin
Slytherin
bossyboots.

House : Sssssslytherin. Fear my Parsletongue ;)

PostSubject: Re: Start at the Beginning (When You Get to the End, Stop)   Start at the Beginning (When You Get to the End, Stop) EmptySat Jun 05, 2010 7:06 am

Agrippa seemed to be a rather studious type of guy. That's a very admirable quality, and I suppose when dealing with things like Arithmancy and numbers and such you have to be. I bet numbers can get really confusing very quickly after all. So, yeah, he probably had to study a lot, which is cool.
Back to top Go down
http://ootp.niceboard.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Start at the Beginning (When You Get to the End, Stop)   Start at the Beginning (When You Get to the End, Stop) Empty

Back to top Go down

Start at the Beginning (When You Get to the End, Stop)
Page 1 of 1