Order Of The Phoenix
Order Of The Phoenix
Order Of The Phoenix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Marauders Forever

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
House Points
Slytherin and Ravenclaw are cooler than you.
Similar topics
    El Zombi Pequeño
    Affiliates

Lesson One: Cleaning

Go down 
    4 posters
    AuthorMessage
    munches.
    Slytherin
    Slytherin
    munches.

Location : Im the heir of Slytherin. Of course you would want to know were I was.
    House : Slytherin :D FTW !?

Lesson One: Cleaning Empty
    PostSubject: Lesson One: Cleaning   Lesson One: Cleaning EmptySun May 16, 2010 8:14 pm

Welcome, Class!
    TEACHER: Professor Moodz
    CLASS: Muggle Studies
    LESSON: Muggle-Style Cleaning

Today we are here to learn how badly off Muggles have when it comes to keeping their home clean. While we only have to wave a wand and everything goes in its place, Muggles have to deal with contraptions that, hopefully, none of you will ever have to hear about of outside of this lesson. Thank you to this...thing called WIKIPEDIA for the definitions. I will most likely go over what a Wikipedia is in a later lesson.

Here is a list of some of the contraptions Muggles use to clean.

• VACUUM CLEANER: a device that uses an air pump to create a partial vacuum to suck up dust and dirt, usually from floors. The dirt is collected by either a dustbag or a cyclone for later disposal.
    • DUSTER: a piece of cloth for removing dust from or polishing furniture, or a device for removing dust consisting of a pole with real or imitation feathers
    • SPONGE: a tool, implement, utensil or cleaning aid consisting of porous material. Sponges are used for cleaning impervious surfaces. They are especially good absorbers of water and water-based solutions.

Those are three objects the lesser inhabitants of this Earth have to use to make sure they aren't walking around in a mess every day.

EXTRA HELP

Here are some photographs for help in understanding what a Vacuum, Duster, and Sponge are.

VACUUM:
    Lesson One: Cleaning Retro-vacuum.preview

DUSTER:
    Lesson One: Cleaning CAL-T&T-300-FeatherDuster

SPONGE:
    Lesson One: Cleaning Sponge0707

HOMEWORK

For todays homework, I want you to demand you to look up THREE different types of Muggle-Type cleaning instruments. It must include a PICTURE, NAME, YOUR DESCRIPTION OF IT, and WIKIPEDIA'S DEFINITION of your object. Good luck, students. I expect these assignments to be in by MAY 26th. Date subject to change.
    Back to top Go down
    http://scentandblood.twilightlegend.net/forum.htm
    bossyboots.
    Slytherin
    Slytherin
    bossyboots.

House : Sssssslytherin. Fear my Parsletongue ;)

PostSubject: Re: Lesson One: Cleaning   Lesson One: Cleaning EmptySun May 16, 2010 8:40 pm

Mop
    Lesson One: Cleaning Raichlen_mop
    Wiki Def: A mop is a textile mounted on a handle used in cleaning. It is generally used for cleaning floors.
    My def: It's a mess on a stick, that apparently is meant to clean things.

Broom
    Lesson One: Cleaning 15460.ProfessionalHeavy-DutyCornBroom_4
    Wiki Def: A broom is a cleaning tool consisting of stiff fibres attached to, and roughly parallel to, a cylindrical handle, the broomstick. It is commonly used in combination with a dustpan.
    My def: I'm pretty sure these are meant to be flown on. Muggles are so ridiculous, using them for cleaning, but this was on a list of cleaning supplies.

Windex
    Lesson One: Cleaning Windex
    Wiki Def: Windex is a trademark for a glass and hard surface cleaner manufactured since 1933 (currently by S. C. Johnson & Son) and popular in the United States and Canada since the mid-20th century.
    My def: Some sort of spray that does the same job as a good Scourgify.
    Back to top Go down
    http://ootp.niceboard.net
    josettes.
    Ravenclaw
    Ravenclaw
    josettes.

House : Ravenclaw/Meriwether

PostSubject: Re: Lesson One: Cleaning   Lesson One: Cleaning EmptySun May 16, 2010 10:51 pm

Squeegee
    Lesson One: Cleaning Squeegee-Back
    Wikipedia definition: A squeegee, squilgee or sometimes squimjim, is an onomatopoetically-named tool with a flat, smooth rubber blade, used to remove or control the flow of liquid on a flat surface. It is used for cleaning and in printing.
    My definition: On further research, this looks like it's used to get water off windows. Sound like these Muggles could use a good Impervious charm.

Washing Machine
    Lesson One: Cleaning Samsung-washing-machine
    Wikipedia definition: A clothes washer, or washer, is a machine designed to wash laundry, such as clothing, towels and sheets.
    My definition: This is actually pretty neat. You throw some soap and your clothes in and they get washed. Seems like a hassle, though, as it requires eckeltricity.

Carpet beater
    Lesson One: Cleaning Dwr-redecker-carpet-beater-2
    Wikipedia definition: A carpet beater or mattenklopper (from Dutch) is a tool used to clean carpets and rugs by hanging them up and beating them. It is usually made of willow switches woven together in a knot similar to a flattened Turk's head.
    My definition: This looks more like a house-elf beater than a carpet beater. Carpet-beating would seem to be a way of releasing all of their violent Muggle tendencies.

EDIT BY MOODZ
    ....wtf is that?^
    Back to top Go down
    MARIE ANTOINETTE.
    Ravenclaw
    Ravenclaw
    MARIE ANTOINETTE.

PostSubject: Re: Lesson One: Cleaning   Lesson One: Cleaning EmptyMon May 17, 2010 6:42 am

I am perfectly able to write up my own definitions, thank you very much.

Lesson One: Cleaning Cutex_Nail_Poilsh_Remover
    Nail Polish Remover: Cleans off a substance used to colour nails (on your hands).

Lesson One: Cleaning Quartz
    Crystal: A rock to help cleanse the soul.

Lesson One: Cleaning Fire
    Fire: Helps rid the world of schools.
    Back to top Go down
    Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lesson One: Cleaning   Lesson One: Cleaning Empty

Back to top Go down

Lesson One: Cleaning
    Page 1 of 1