Order Of The Phoenix
Order Of The Phoenix
Order Of The Phoenix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Marauders Forever

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
House Points
Slytherin and Ravenclaw are cooler than you.
Similar topics
El Zombi Pequeño
Affiliates

Drabbles #1 [10/25]

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
MARIE ANTOINETTE.
Ravenclaw
Ravenclaw
MARIE ANTOINETTE.

Drabbles #1 [10/25] Empty
PostSubject: Drabbles #1 [10/25]   Drabbles #1 [10/25] EmptyThu Apr 01, 2010 9:36 am

Can’t Shake It – Kate Miller-Heidke

There was something about her. Her blazing crown of hair, her quick fiery temper. One that matched his own almost perfectly. No, he told himself firmly. It’s just normal brotherly concern. Ron and I have been friends for so long. I’ve known her for so long…

Why hadn’t he ever felt this tug on his heartstrings before? Why had there never been that gasp, that breath that was too hard to breathe, knowing that it wouldn’t be shared. Try as Harry might, he just couldn’t shake it. He was in love with his best friend’s sister. Ron would kill him.

Rake It In – Imogen Heap

Arthur Weasley finished work at 3am. Something that hadn’t been at all unusual for him of late. His family barely had enough money to buy their children school books and as the head of the family it was his job to care for them as best he could. Another day of hard work over. He’d heard the sneers from the higher ups. “Looks like Weasley’s staying late again. I heard his family can’t even afford to buy their children new clothes. What a pity such blood has gone to waste.” He’d show them. He just had to rake it in.

Do You Hear the People Sing? – Les Misérables

There had been rebellions. There would always be rebellions. Those people who thought that they could win over Lord Voldemort. Who thought that he was just another wizard who had eluded death. They didn’t know his secrets…

But that damn Potter did. Dumbledore had told him. Never in his life had he faced such a powerful army. Never in his life had he felt the way he did now – unsure of his Death Eaters and scared for his life. He stroked Nagini, remembering his confidence. “Do you hear the people sing?” he muttered to himself, his voice barely a hiss.

I’m A Fake – The Used

“…The Unbreakable Vow,” Bellatrix said. Severus Snape’s head snapped up. What had she said? She couldn’t mean…

Narcissa watched him uncertainly. Bella looked on triumphantly. He couldn’t lose the trust that he’d worked so hard to gain now. He couldn’t ruin Dumbledore’s plan. He couldn’t kill Dumbledore. He gripped Narcissa’s hand as Bella twirled her wand and he made the vows he knew he couldn’t keep. How did this happen? he wondered hopelessly. I’m a fake. A double agent. He had never been good enough for Lily. He was going to kill the only man who could protect her son.

Green Eyes Don’t Lie – Envy On The Coast

Albus Dumbledore was an old man. There were times when even he forgot his own age. Time had passed, year after year. His father, his mother, his sister, his brother. One after one they’d left him until there was nobody but himself left. His place as headmaster at Hogwarts reminded him of better days. For his students, of the days to come. It was a shame that the present wasn’t as wonderful. “I must ask you Harry,” he said to the boy who he cared about most in the world, “whether there is anything you’d like to tell me. Anything at all.”

“No,” Harry replied. “There isn’t anything, Professor.” But his brilliant emerald eyes betrayed him. Green eyes don’t lie. Dumbledore felt a stab of pain in his old heart. Why didn’t this boy trust him?

“Very well. You can go,” he sighed, as he walked back to his desk.

When You’re Looking Like That – Westlife

Remus Lupin’s wolfish heart felt like it was about to break. Tonks, the woman he loved, sat across from him. Her usually animated, bright hair was a normal mousy brown. Her exotic and wacky features were replaced with more regular ones. He loved her, no matter how she looked, but when she was looking like that, he felt all the worse that they could never be together. He refused to doom her future and she refused to move on from him. They were just as bad as each other and that was why they would have been so perfect together.

Suicide Is Painless - Marilyn Manson

Harry Potter held the key to victory – his life. He could keep it, of course. He could keep it and watch his friends die at the hands of the people he hated most. Nobody would be able to kill Voldemort while he lived. On the other hand, he could tell someone how to get rid of the last Horcrux, Nagini, and give up his own life so that the surviving warriors could build a Utopia without him. It was a double-sided blade.

He knew what his choice was without much thought. Suicide was painless if it was for someone else.

Darkness Surrounding – Avenged Sevenfold

Anyone who knew Rubeus Hagrid knew that he was a good man. Sure, he’d been kicked of of Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry when he was in his third year, and yes, maybe his mother was a giantess. Anyone who looked back on Hagrid’s past might have thought that he was a danger to society and that he needed to be locked up.

But nobody could justify a punishment like this for something he’d never done. He sunk to his basketball-sized knees, the feeling of happiness being sucked out of him by the Azkaban guards. There was darkness surrounding.

My Friend has a Girlfriend – The Offspring

Ron had a new girlfriend, Lavender. Hermione Granger had no idea why this bothered her so much. None in the slightest. Not even a little bit. But it did. Why didn’t Ron like her? Was it their friendship? Was she not pretty enough? Too smart? Did he secretly hate her? Was he harboring a secret passion for her that he just couldn’t bare face?

No, Hermione had no idea why Lavender Brown bothered her so much, but that didn’t stop her from voicelessly putting the Jelly-Leg Jinx on Ron’s girlfriend one afternoon in the common room when nobody was watching.

Show Me Love – T. A. T. U.

Dobby hadd served the Malfoy family for his entire life. He’d heard stories about free elves, promptly punishing himself afterwards. Dobby did everything that his masters told him to. Cooked their meals, made their beds, welcomed them home, and stayed out of their way.

Harry Potter wasn’t like the Malfoys at all. He’d spoken to Dobby like an equal, asking him politely if he’d like to sit down. Never daring to lay a hand on him, even when Dobby, bad elf, had revealed that he’d stopped Harry Potter’s mail. Dobby wished that, just once, the Malfoys would show him love.
Back to top Go down
this modern glitch.
Ravenclaw
Ravenclaw
this modern glitch.

House : Ravenclaw and Burkenshire

PostSubject: Re: Drabbles #1 [10/25]   Drabbles #1 [10/25] EmptyFri Apr 02, 2010 1:11 am

I love these.

Seriously, I can barely tell that you just started them yesterday. Very Happy

I think you do a good job of writing the characters, making them realistic, but interesting. ^.^
Back to top Go down
josettes.
Ravenclaw
Ravenclaw
josettes.

House : Ravenclaw/Meriwether

PostSubject: Re: Drabbles #1 [10/25]   Drabbles #1 [10/25] EmptyFri Apr 02, 2010 1:58 am

Wow, Tegan, I like these a ton 0_o

I've never seen someone take to drabbling so quickly. I think you're really good at confining the story to the word count. So many people write drabbles that seem incomplete, but yours are whole within themselves. Very, very good.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Drabbles #1 [10/25]   Drabbles #1 [10/25] Empty

Back to top Go down

Drabbles #1 [10/25]
Page 1 of 1