Order Of The Phoenix
Order Of The Phoenix
Order Of The Phoenix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Marauders Forever

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
House Points
Slytherin and Ravenclaw are cooler than you.
Similar topics
El Zombi Pequeño
Affiliates

50Shuffle Drabbles (53 in total)

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
josettes.
Ravenclaw
Ravenclaw
josettes.

House : Ravenclaw/Meriwether

50Shuffle Drabbles (53 in total) Empty
PostSubject: 50Shuffle Drabbles (53 in total)   50Shuffle Drabbles (53 in total) EmptyTue Apr 07, 2009 2:22 am

There was a drabble challenged that I spotted the other day on fanfiction.net where you shuffle through 50 songs on your iPod and then write a drabble with the title of each song. I decided to give it a shot. Here are the ones I've written so far. I'm pretty sure they're all exactly a hundred words. They might not necessarily fit the whole song, just the title.

Sweet Sacrifice ~ Evanescence
Pairing: Voldemort/Bellatrix

Molly Weasley’s deadly curse sent her flying towards the ground, laughing as she met death irreverently. You didn’t see, did you, until later, when the tides were already turning. No one could have anticipated the look of shock and rage on your usually pride-stained and haughty face. Your best had fallen; the foundation of your continued confidence, the insanity behind your calculating cruelty, was dead.
You are shaken, but not broken. The realization melts into your consciousness and you struggle onward, always looking out for yourself. She has been sacrificed for you; it is necessary. The Dark Lord never cries.

When Did We Lose Ourselves ~ The Bigger Lights
Pairing: S. Snape, Lily E. P.

If he were more dramatic by nature, he would probably have written some sort of despairing exposition about how stranded and desolate he was without her. Instead, he planted himself stolidly outside her common room door and waited, enduring the condescending stare of the Fat Lady. As he sat, silent and hoping, memories boiled over into his troubled conscience. Flashes of bright auburn hair, peals of laughter hidden in dazzling emerald eyes…. Where had all these things gone? Lately her only emotions towards him were aggravation and complacency. “When did we lose ourselves?” he muttered aloud.
The portrait swung open.

Creature ~ Atreyu
Pairing: R. Lupin/S. Black

Puddles of night and shadow, like pools of black ink, were scattered through the forest – no, their forest. They owned the trees and the darkness and overall, they owned each other. Matching strides, they bounded far and away from their less wild companions. Prongs and Wormtail paced the very edges of the woods, lookouts for their more conspicuous friends. But Padfoot, shaggy and feral, raced along with the werewolf, both his companion and guardian. Even now, as animals, their minds melded and their paths were identical. As humans they were lovers, shared intelligence, but as creatures they were simply one.

Cry for Help ~ Shinedown
Pairing: Ginny Weasley/ T. Riddle

“I’m scared, Tom. I don’t know what’s happening!” she scribbles onto the yellowed parchment. She bites her lip and waits for his answer. His word is gospel to her now, Harry Potter forgotten at the first appearance of that elegant black script. She knew there was something not quite right about this, about the way she seemed to black out after he got angry with her. She doesn’t mind, though, only hopes to make him happy and keep her best friend.
“Don’t you trust me, Ginny?” appears on the paper, and she sighs, relieved. Of course she does. Of course.

In the Air ~ Toby Mac
Pairing: H. Potter, C. Chang

Just another inch, another finger’s breadth, and he’d have it… Yet the Snitch evaded him, darting aside and fluttering upward. Harry groaned and did a barrel roll, trying to follow after the tiny, evasive sphere. As he did, he felt a terrible jolt and realized he had knocked his head against Ravenclaw’s seeker. His rationality disappeared as his vision twinkled with multi-colored stars. Her face swam as she pulled to a stop, shocking him even in his dazed condition.
“Are you okay?” she asked in a thick accent that didn’t match her face. He thought he might be in love.

Golden ~ Fall Out Boy
Pairing: A. Dumbledore, G. Grindelwald

Normally, he would have been able to read the runes as easily as English or Latin, but the hand on his shoulder, the crystal cerulean eyes following the tracks of his, slowed him extensively. He frowned at a symbol that he couldn’t make out and turned to look into the face of his summer’s companion. His golden hair glinted in the sunlight that filtered through the canopy of leaves above them. “Blood for lineage, or life-blood?” he questions, pointing to the set of runes that is giving him trouble.
“Neither. This is us, Albus. This is blood of the heart.”

You Won't See Me ~ The Beatles
Pairing: H. Potter, D. Malfoy

The silver-wreathed room is silent but for the whimpers that pass the pale lips as he tosses. Sometimes, Harry thinks it would be easier to shed the cloak and lean at his side, to goad his sleep-drunken conscience into spilling its secrets. Yet instead, he only watches each night, not really understanding why he cares so much. He convinces himself that it is for his own safety, that he’s only concerned for the good of the Order. But for a moment each night, he finds that he is enraptured with the pointed features and fluttering eyes. He won’t be seen.

Smile Like You Mean It ~ The Killers
Pairing: R. Lupin/N. Tonks, R. Lupin/S. Black

You mumbled your way through the vows in a monotonous voice and limply pressed your lips to mine when the moment came. Even after all this time, your eyes scanned the crowd for him. It was nearly three hours later when I found you sitting on what was now our bed, in our house. But in your silence, I somehow knew that no matter where you went, Sirius owned all.
“I love you,” you said, quavering. You tipped a single corner of your mouth up in a sad mockery of a smile.
“You could at least try to mean it.”

Wake Up ~ Alanis Morissette
Pairing: P. Dursley, V. Dursley

Petunia rapped sharply on the cupboard door, anxious to wake her nephew. Her Ickle Duddykins would not be pleased if his bacon was not fried before he came downstairs on his eleventh birthday. She screamed through the cracks in the vent and gave one last deafening knock and then returned to the table to smooth the creases from Vernon’s newspaper. At that moment, she felt his presence in the room and smiled thinly at him. “There you are, sweet,” she said, pulling his chair away, grinning hopefully.
“Yes, thank you, Petunia. Where is that that boy?” Her smile fell flat.
[/]

Last edited by sweetness in starlight. on Thu Jul 07, 2011 4:34 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
dabombdiggity
Ravenclaw
Ravenclaw
dabombdiggity

House : talknerdytome;ravenclaw

PostSubject: Re: 50Shuffle Drabbles (53 in total)   50Shuffle Drabbles (53 in total) EmptyTue Apr 07, 2009 3:28 pm

i don't have to tell you how wonderful these are.
Back to top Go down
munches.
Slytherin
Slytherin
munches.

Location : Im the heir of Slytherin. Of course you would want to know were I was.
House : Slytherin :D FTW !?

PostSubject: Re: 50Shuffle Drabbles (53 in total)   50Shuffle Drabbles (53 in total) EmptyTue Apr 07, 2009 9:23 pm

I love them Laurie!!!
Back to top Go down
http://scentandblood.twilightlegend.net/forum.htm
josettes.
Ravenclaw
Ravenclaw
josettes.

PostSubject: Re: 50Shuffle Drabbles (53 in total)   50Shuffle Drabbles (53 in total) EmptySat Apr 11, 2009 1:41 am

3 new ones Very Happy

Fading American Dreams ~ Street Dogs
Pairing: pre-S. Malfoy/A. Potter

Their hands twined together as their legs swung over the side of the pier. The dark-haired boy gazed out over the Channel, dreaming of a world outside of theirs, a world where pure and half and Muggle blood was nothing. They had heard tell that in America, the magical society was layered with intellect and talent and worthy members, instead of the stuck-up, ancient hierarchy of England.
“We’re never going to make it there, are we, Al?” the young Malfoy asked, watching as the smallest of tides broke beneath his feet. Their young hearts felt childish hope and ancient despair.

Be My Escape ~ Relient K
Pairing: D. Malfoy/M. Myrtle

He is confused and awed by the shining drops of saline on his cheeks. If he were not staring directly into the warped old mirror under the strange fluorescence of the lights (very Muggle-ish if you’d have asked his father, school governor), he wouldn’t have believed that he was actually crying. The apparition behind him had the ghost-tracks of matching tears. He turned to her, not bothering to wipe the wetness from his face. “I want out, Myrtle. But it’s impossible.”
“Why don’t you just…you know, get it all over with? Escape life with me, Draco.” His tears fall harder.

Mirror, Mirror ~ Barlowgirl
Pairing: it's a surprise

The pallid canvas of perfection, the stormy eyes as grey as the rough sea… How could anyone deny the flawless, god-like visage of the Adonis who shone so brightly even in a world so dreary? There are dips and curves so rarely found on men, and a fragile hint of the arrogance contained within. The hair, too long, yet framing the sharp features magically, is a bolt of satin against the silk of his skin.
Draco Malfoy quickly straightened his collar and stepped away from the mirror. “I think I know why it takes so long for father to dress…”

Last edited by Moony on Tue Mar 02, 2010 4:53 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
munches.
Slytherin
Slytherin
munches.

Location : Im the heir of Slytherin. Of course you would want to know were I was.

PostSubject: Re: 50Shuffle Drabbles (53 in total)   50Shuffle Drabbles (53 in total) EmptySat Apr 11, 2009 1:46 am

Zomg that is pure awesomness rig there!!
Back to top Go down
josettes.
Ravenclaw
Ravenclaw
josettes.

PostSubject: Re: 50Shuffle Drabbles (53 in total)   50Shuffle Drabbles (53 in total) EmptySat Apr 11, 2009 1:49 am

Hahaha. It was really fun to write a "Draco in love with himself" story, I've been wanting to write one for a while but I thought a long one would be awkward, so a drabble length was perfect for it. Realization: all of those drabbles contained a malfoy.
Back to top Go down
munches.
Slytherin
Slytherin
munches.

PostSubject: Re: 50Shuffle Drabbles (53 in total)   50Shuffle Drabbles (53 in total) EmptySun Apr 12, 2009 2:11 pm

hahahah. That last one is <3
Back to top Go down
dabombdiggity
Ravenclaw
Ravenclaw
dabombdiggity

House : talknerdytome;ravenclaw

PostSubject: Re: 50Shuffle Drabbles (53 in total)   50Shuffle Drabbles (53 in total) EmptyMon Apr 13, 2009 1:47 pm

you, my dear, are awesome.
Back to top Go down
josettes.
Ravenclaw
Ravenclaw
josettes.

PostSubject: Re: 50Shuffle Drabbles (53 in total)   50Shuffle Drabbles (53 in total) EmptyMon Apr 13, 2009 4:11 pm

Thank you. I have like...10 more now, but I'm going to edit them before I put them up, because I wrote them all in a row. And they're lame because of it.
Back to top Go down
josettes.
Ravenclaw
Ravenclaw
josettes.

PostSubject: Re: 50Shuffle Drabbles (53 in total)   50Shuffle Drabbles (53 in total) EmptyTue Mar 02, 2010 6:14 am

Some more (bear in mind that these are OLLLLLD) 13 of them actually.

If You Only Knew ~ Shinedown
Pairing: R. Lupin/H. Granger

She doesn't look him in the eye. It's not the same as the talks they used to have after class, fervent arguments over defensive theory. Remus had always been surprised to discover that she could hold her own in such a battle, and oh how she loved to impress a teacher.

It's been three years since she's called him Professor. Then again, she doesn't call him by his name much, either. She avoids him as much as possible, giving her senses some time to kick in and set her hormones straight.

Remus is hurt, but oh, if he only knew.

Apocalypse! ~ The Bigger Lights
Pairing: None. G. Weasley, F. Weasley

The shaking of his shoulders continued as his world ended, the cause being the only change. Just a moment ago he'd been laughing at and with his brothers, feeling confident and complete. Now, with stone crushing the life out of his mirror image, his shoulders shake from the instant flow of tears that precede even the painful sobs that begin to wrack his body. He can't understand why he is not also broken and dying. He is only part of a whole set; how can he go on without half his mind, half his heart?

He know he's dead inside.

A Little Piece of Heaven ~ Avenged Sevenfold
Pairing: L. Evans/R. Lupin, R. Lupin/Chocolate

A rich, familiar smell wafted through the common room as the portrait swun open to reveal Lily Evans. Remus's lupine nose perked up at the scent and he felt his ears nearly twitch with excitement. He knew that luscious fragrance, knew it well and knew it often. He frowned as Lily sat down and pulled out a book. He fidgeted.

"Lily, as a prefect, I demand you to empty your pockets." He tried to look authoritative instead of desperate.

"I wondered how long it would take you," she said, and pulled the square of chocolate from her pocket, winking roguishly.

I Can't Stay ~ The Killers
Pairing: H. Potter/G. Weasley

His face remained solemn even as he watched her eyes, normally bright and mischievous, dissolve into tears. He held her awkwardly and stared over her shoulder as her brother bore holes through them with his eyes. Her body shook once, twice, and then there were muted sniffling sounds as she pulled away. The sight nearly brought Harry to tears. His only clear thought was if he were half as strong as she, the daunting task ahead would be finished easily.

"I understand," were the only words she had. The love in her voice made him regret that he couldn't stay.

A Day in the Life ~ The Beatles
Pairing: None. H. Potter, D. Malfoy

He tipped the flask up and winced as he drained the last of the liquid. It had been a strange day. He'd been snogged by Pansy, Millicent, both Daphne and Astoria Greengrass, and Hermione, of all people. He was beginning to think that he wouldn't be surprised if Ron kissed him as well. He glanced across the room and saw his body (how hard to get used to!) chatting up Ginny.

At the end of the day, he was pleased to see blond hair fade back to its natural black. Draco smirked at him. "Told you I get more birds."

Come Together ~ The Beatles
Pairing: H. Potter/H. Granger, sort of

The crowd of people gathered at the Room of Requirement was an odd mash-up of different Houses, loyalties, ages, and opinions on Harry Potter. Harry wasn't even sure how to go about speaking to the entire group at once. He let his eyes pass over each prospective member and suddenly felt just how short his fifteen years had been. How could he lead, when he was only a boy, nothing more?

The comfortable pressure of Hermione's hand on his shoulder helped. "Just tell them what you told me, Harry. We have to come together. We have to fight this."

This Song Is Definitely Not About a Girl ~ Set Your Goals
Pairings: G. Weasley/N. Longbottom, G. Weasley/L. Lovegood

Ginny swayed slowly against Neville as he led her around the floor. He was decidedly less awkward than expected, and he was dreadfully nice, but she found her mind being dragged into the music.

"Your eyes are oceans without stormy skies...."

Ginny smiled; her own eyes wandered across the crowd to find her best friend perched at a table, holding a cup of punch in one hand and swatting around her head with another.

She shook her head when she found herself agreeing with the lyrics. "This song is not about a girl," she muttered, and pulled Neville closer.

Amazing Love ~ various Christian artists
Pairing: L. Potter/J. Potter

She felt a lurch in her belly and smiled at the large bump beneath her shirt. James reached over and pressed his hand against the fabric and grinned broadly as he felt the movement also. "I made that. We made that," he whispered, kissing his wife right in the midst of her flaming hair.

Lily nodded her head and her mind immediately sped to the future: a son or daughter growing up and into the wonder of magic. "I didn't think it was possible to feel so much. My heart might burst."

He nods his agreement. "An amazing love."

Hold On ~ Good Charlotte
Pairing: R. Weasley/H. Granger

"Just...just hold on a minute," she whispers, knotting her fingers in her own bushy, unruly hair. He pounds on the door anyway, impatient.

"Let me in, Hermione! This is my problem too!" he demands. His face is caught between emotions as he considers what these few minutes may do to his whole life. He doesn't know how the little stick works; she had told him that it was just another little piece of Muggle magic. She let out a strangled sob and opened the door.

Her face, too, is confused and unsure of itself. "It's positive, Ron. A baby."

Not Coming Home ~ Maroon 5
Pairing: P. Parkinson/D. Malfoy

Pasy wasn't sure she had enough strength in her to force the words from her mouth. Not to Draco, the man who owned her but didn't want her. She couldn't tell him, after all these years of his feigned affections, that she finally let herself see through the lie. She is struggling even now to think these thigns, going against her duty to trust and obey.

Instead, she picks up s quill and steadies her hand, dipping it into the shimmery emerald ink and writing evenly and neatly.

"Just thought you should know that this time, I'm not coming home."

Keep Quiet ~ BarlowGirl
Pairing: H. Potter/D. Malfoy

He presses his hand over the other boy's mouth and waits as the professor passes, unaware. As soon as the old man is out of sight, Harry removes his hand and holds a single finger over his lips. 'Do you want to get us caught?" he asks. "Wouldn't want to lose any precious Slytherin points, now would you?" Draco shakes his head and follows, glad for the protections of the cloak.

It takes an inordinate amount of time to reach the Room of Requirement. "About time, Potter!" Malfoy barks.

"Did I say you could speak?" Power dances in his eyes.

How Does It Feel? ~ Avril Lavigne
Pairing: A. Weasley/M. Weasley, pre-H. Potter/G. Weasley

The youngest Weasley sits, lonely, at the nearly empty kitchen table. Her mother is far, at the other end, where she is normally separated from Ginny by six rowdy boys. She looks up at her mother, who is studying the family clock and its hand with her father's face, fixed on the word "work."

"What's love like, Mum?" she asks, mind instantly flashing to the quick glimpse of that dark-haired, emerald-eyed boy that she'd wondered about her whole early life.

Her mother chuckles and looks warmly at her only daughter. "Like pure magic, Ginny. Unlike any spell in the world."

Call Me When You're Sober ~ Evanescence
Pairing: B. Zabini/D. Malfoy

Blaise stumbles into the study with a nearly-empty bottle of Firewhiskey in one hand and his trousers in the other. Somewhere between the pub and the manor they had fallen off and, too pissed to min, he merely snatched them up and continued on, sans pants.

The owner of the house looks up from his papers and grimaces at the blank content stare in the dark boy's eyes. "I will never understand why you come here like this, Zabini," he says sharply, but can't contain a disappointed sigh.

"Love you, Draco. You know that."

He shakes his head. "Only when you're drunk, Blaise. Why don't you try it when you're sober?"
Back to top Go down
josettes.
Ravenclaw
Ravenclaw
josettes.

PostSubject: Re: 50Shuffle Drabbles (53 in total)   50Shuffle Drabbles (53 in total) EmptyMon Mar 15, 2010 12:10 am

Ready to Fall ~ Rise Against
Pairing: None. A. Dumbledore.

He was not prepared for this. Knowing it would happen, taking it into his own hands, that was only his way of keeping control over something he would could not embrace. He had once said that death was the beginning of the next adventure, but at its brink it seemed like a precipice too high to endure. The young boy hesitates, thankfully, and he begins to think that perhaps he will escape this night, to live another day. When Severus arrives, his hopes are the first to fall into the night. At last he pleads, arms outstretched, ready to fall.

This Celluloid Dream ~ AFI
Pairing: S. Snape/L. Evans

His eyes follow the overgrown trails they once blazed through their worlds both imagined and real, the fanciful creations of their childish minds. He sometimes felt that he’d never been so young as that, tattered clothing twice his age and, by extension, twice hers. Even then, ten years old and caught up in the tales he told for her, she had shone with a light that touched corners of him that had never been found again. He longed to linger there, to pretend that the nightmare of his life would dissipate in the glow of her radiance like a fever dream. The memories, though, bit with teeth sharper even than his tongue had become, but he preferred to the dull ache he felt each day. In the Pensieve, their days play like a silent movie under his gaze, a life far removed from the daily trudge of his feet against the stone floors that he had once longed to pace. The color had begun to melt away from his life when he learned that she was gone, against all of his expectations. Even the nostalgic silver of his thoughts has begun to fade to a sadly cinematic shade of grey.

Seduction ~ Alesana
Pairing: None. L. Voldemort.

His forked tongue dances between pale, death-like lips. He has become the master of beautiful lies after the course of nearly a century, twisting his words into a pretty picture of a world purer, more worthy of living in. These poor souls have not seen the dark underside of that tongue, the vile words he spits, commanding that the weak and innocent be set ablaze. No, they only see what they want to: a place of power in a new world order. They may not fall to the guise immediately, but Voldemort has time to carry on his deceitful seduction.

In the Mood ~ Glenn Miller
Pairing: None. M. McGonagall

As the night wore on, Minerva’s sharp eye on the students began to falter. The singer, Jarvis something or other, had taken a break and his band members had, surprisingly, begun to play swing and big band numbers in his stead. Her toes, normally stationed along the line in the marble floor, are tapping to a tune she hasn’t heard in more than thirty years. The stern look on her face, fixed there from endless hours of tightly drawn back hair, begins to tilt into a smile. It has been a while since she’s been in the mood to dance.

Who Knows? ~ Avril Lavigne
Pairing: L. Lovegood/R. Scamander

Luna had never planned a day of her life. If she woke up in the morning, fine, and if she went to take a shower, that was wonderful. She disliked making appointments, and that was what led her to the coastal shores and muggy jungles of islands, searching for animals that lived their lives the way she wanted to. It was there that she saw a face so familiar that she broke from her hummed rendition of Beethoven’s Fifth, which seemed to attract Snorcacks. His light eyes were fixed on a small, violently pink animal that had curled itself into a ball beneath a gooseberry bush. Slowly, with the light feet that made her believe her father’s conviction that she was half fey, she crept towards him. With a light touch on his shoulder, the moment and her way of life shattered; she suddenly knew the course of her life.

Long Way to Happy ~ P!nk
Pairing: G. Weasley/H. Potter

The view from her window had once comforted Ginny through almost any hardship. As each of her brothers had went away to school, finally leaving her alone with her mother and father, she had gazed for hours into the fields and across the hills, somehow grounded by their permanence. The landscape had endured through failed relationships and successful tantrums, poor grades and rumors behind her back. This time, though, with half of her ripped to shreds that fluttered and ached at the gentlest breeze, the soil and stone that she had grown to depend on could not help. She could not lock herself away and wait to stop loving Harry. The path that led away from their garden and into the world beyond became her focus, and she knew that she had rough walk ahead of her. She would move on, surely, but it was a long way to happy.

She's a Rebel ~ Green Day
Pairing: None. N. Tonks

No one really knows her face, but they come to recognize her from the glowing end of a cigarette in the dark. Her strange clothes are one night mismatched punk rock ensembles; the next, floor-length robes that make her look like she’s joining a convent. They don’t really recall her name, either, although some of the women call her Nymph, supposedly for dubious reasons. The only thing predictable about her is that she will always be unpredictable, a rebel, from her clothes to her hair to the accents she fakes to the girls she dances with, smooth as a criminal.

I Am the Walrus ~ Across the Universe soundtrack
Pairing: None. R. Lupin

Smoke tumbled from his mouth in strange shapes as he exhaled, wondering if he was going to regret this later. He had never even sipped from the firewhiskey bottle before, when his friends had passed it around on birthdays. Yet, here was, blazing up, trying to forget the puppet strings that held his body taut and perfectly in line. Sirius had said getting high was better with music and had dropped The Beatles onto the phonograph, trippy sounds and voices distorted from the dust caught between the grooves. Remus breathed a sigh as his cares slipped away. “Goo goo g’joob.”

The Sun ~ Maroon 5
Pairing: None. H. Potter

The sun rose over the countryside in England as it always did, slowly and by degrees. Its rays tried valiantly to warm the land and carried on into the sky as if it were any other day. The moon would rise, blue-tinted and bloated, and carry on its watch as if nothing had happened. Yes, the world spun as it was scheduled to, in its fear of being fired and replaced with Venus or Mars. Yet, below the guards in the sky and slightly above earth, in the country of England, nothing was going as planned. Harry Potter was dead.
Back to top Go down
josettes.
Ravenclaw
Ravenclaw
josettes.

PostSubject: Re: 50Shuffle Drabbles (53 in total)   50Shuffle Drabbles (53 in total) EmptyWed Mar 17, 2010 11:43 am

Friends O' Mine ~ Bowling for Soup
Pairing: None. H. Potter, R. Weasley, H. Granger

Harry laughed and his ale sloshed over the rim of the mug, foam trickling down into the sleeve of his jacket. He hiccuped and paid it no mind, choosing instead to laugh at Ron, who had fallen from his barstool and onto the floor. Luckily, Hermione was sober and cast a cushioning charm, dissolving into giggles as he bounced a few times on the springy air beneath him. Harry finally caught his breath despite the hitch forming in his side and, in a moment of strange sobriety, he reflected on how lucky he was that he’d never lost his friends.

It's Not a Fashion Statement, It's a Death Wish
Pairing: None. L. Voldemort

1991. You pass a lake and see a dingy film across its surface, seeming to breathe and writhe towards the bank. You think nothing of it. You walk through the London fog and breathe in the stench of death and wonder whose cat has been flattened in the street. Or perhaps you traipse through the forest of Albania and are possessed by a strange disembodied malevolence that tells you only that you were made to worship him, and that you will do as you are bid. And in this way, Lord Voldemort comes back from the dead, craving his vengeance.

Secret ~ Maroon 5
Pairing: R. Lupin/N. Tonks

Remus Lupin is the master of secrets. If he were to count up all the bits that he has stuffed away, never to be told, he would be occupied for years or more, adding up lie after mistake after untold truth. It’s only logical that after years of keeping himself under lock and key that he learns to spot the secrets in the corners of others’ eyes. He knows quickly when students cheat on tests or copy essays. He can smell a Death Eater a mile away. And Nymphadora, who thought she was subtle, cannot keep a secret at all.

Yesterday's Feelings ~ The Used
Pairings: L. Evans/J. Potter

Lily Evans lay back on her comforter and let her head swim. Surely, she must be having a heatstroke, for her mind and body to be acting the way they were. It had been another day on the Hogwarts grounds, Alice chatting on at her side, watching Severus from the corner of her eye as he gestured to his slimy friends. A loud, “Oi!” had broken her attention and then there was Potter, stupid arrogant Potter, the sun behind him like a misplaced halo. She had rushed away at once, unsure how one look could erase all of yesterday’s feelings.

I Start to Run ~ White Denim
Pairing: None. R. Lupin, F. Greyback

A howl sounds through the trees, fearsome and guttural, a sound from the depths of a beast neither wholly man nor animal. Of course, I don’t know this. I am only six. I have been lured away from my house by an apparition which has disappeared into the night, leaving me chilly and alone in the forest where I shouldn’t be, not alone, at night. Behind me I can hear the cries of my father, desperate but tiny in the distance, then drowned in the roar of my devil, the monster who will live inside me. I start to run.

The Only Difference Between Suicide and Martyrdom is Press Coverage ~ Panic! at the Disco
Pairing: None. H. Potter.

Harry bowed to the crowd, hoping that his fringe wasn’t falling down to cover his scar, the all-important mark of his status. It had been only a week since he’d had Rita snapping pictures of him with his foot planted in Voldemort’s back, stone dead. Days later, he was attending the memorial service for those who died, so nobly (he recounted in his public eulogy) in battle. Even then, he’d been preoccupied with winking at the squealing girls holding out their portraits of him to be signed. If Harry loved anything more than playing the hero, it was press coverage.

Down ~ Jay Sean ft. Lil Wayne
Pairing: None. R. Lupin, S. Snape.

Frowning into his cup of tea and plate stacked high with pork chops that bleed slightly at each prod of his fork, Remus forces himself not to watch Severus swooping dramatically from the hall in the billowing curtain of his robes. Dramatic even now, after more than fifteen years, and Remus wonders if it is part of the disguise. His spirits drop even lower as he realizes that the moon is fattening, and beginning tonight he will need his potion. He refuses the idea that he would visit for any other reason, though he longs to ask the solitary man, once an enemy, if he is feeling alright. Remus knows the signs of loneliness well. Leaving the towering dish of nearly raw meat behind him, he walks, feeling out of place, towards the dusty stone staircase that leads down into the dungeons and, eventually to the potions master’s quarters.

Hands of Death (Burn Baby Burn) ~ Rob Zombie ft. Alice Cooper
Pairing: None. L. Voldemort, Death Eaters

The Dark Lord’s eyes, like blazes set to destroy and conquer, dance with a malicious joy that strikes fear into the hearts of even his most loyal Death Eaters. As dangerous as a disgruntled Voldemort is, a joyful master is much more deserving of their terror. They had seen him, laughing like a child on Christmas morning, as he stripped flesh from snow white bone, victims alive and screaming. They had been there, at the initiations of each new member, and seen the pleasure he took in driving the mark into their arms, forever branding them with an evil so pure it burned away what innocence might be left in them. They have witnessed, with ears if not eyes, the midnight revels that Bellatrix returns from, always bleeding, always grinning. Yes, a happy Lord is a dreaded Lord, and Voldemort is elated as he waits for Harry Potter to surrender.

Bang the Doldrums ~ Fall Out Boy
Pairing: L. Evans/S. Snape

Lily avoided the library for a week after the day that it happened. She knew that he would be there, at their special table. The spot where she’d first snuck her hand into his, as if it were some secret mission. The spot where she’d pushed his hair behind his ears and finally looked straight into his eyes, really, for the first time. The spot where, as she had raged over Potter and his mad miscreant friends, he had leaned over and pressed his mouth softly to hers, effectively shutting her up. She couldn’t see him there, alone, an ex-friend.

Obsessed ~ Mariah Carey
Pairing: None. H. Potter, D. Malfoy

Harry never imagined that he would be caught. He had spent countless nights under the cloak, map in hand, trying his best to discover what Malfoy was doing. It was harder than it should’ve been, really, compared to how see-through Malfoy had always been. This year, though, the brat had somehow developed something of a brain, prompting him to think that Draco had help. But with one misstep, one slip of the cloak, Harry was on his back, well-oiled leather boot at his neck. That angular face, appearing to sneer at him.

“Why are you obsessed with me, Potter?”

That Green Gentleman (Things Have Changed For Me) ~ Panic at the Disco
Pairing: D. Thomas/G. Weasley, H. Potter/G. Weasley

Harry battled against the monster in his chest valiantly, but he thought that, perhaps, it was a losing battle. He didn’t know what had caused it to wake within him now, after so many years. Surely it couldn’t just be Ginny’s relationship with Dean; Harry had seen Ginny with a dozen boys and never said a word or felt a thing when he saw them kiss her. It was only now, when Ginny barrelled headlong into fifteen, that things began to change for Harry. He was the victim of his own oversight, and for that he could only blame himself.

Thank You ~ Dido
Pairing: None. Potters.

Harry had thought, at least a dozen times, of what he would say to his parents if he could meet them, just once. The first times he’d been nonchalant, thinking that he’d ask them how he got the scar on his foot that his Aunt Petunia said he’d always had. Or if his hair had been this messy when he was born. The third time he tried to think, he cried off and on, spontaneously grieving. But now, standing in front of their reflections, so real yet merely an illusion, he knew that all he could do was thank them.
Back to top Go down
MARIE ANTOINETTE.
Ravenclaw
Ravenclaw
MARIE ANTOINETTE.

PostSubject: Re: 50Shuffle Drabbles (53 in total)   50Shuffle Drabbles (53 in total) EmptyFri Apr 02, 2010 1:11 am

You really are a wonderful writer. I won't name any of my favourites because there's too many of them!
Back to top Go down
this modern glitch.
Ravenclaw
Ravenclaw
this modern glitch.

House : Ravenclaw and Burkenshire

PostSubject: Re: 50Shuffle Drabbles (53 in total)   50Shuffle Drabbles (53 in total) EmptyFri Apr 02, 2010 1:15 am

I really do have to agree with Tegan here.

Your writing is phenomenal, no matter how much you argue that.

Your style of writing works really, really well for drabbles, also.
Back to top Go down
josettes.
Ravenclaw
Ravenclaw
josettes.

PostSubject: Re: 50Shuffle Drabbles (53 in total)   50Shuffle Drabbles (53 in total) EmptyThu Jul 07, 2011 4:33 pm

Cal drabbles! (7)

Sad Eyes ~ Bat for Lashes

It wasn’t that Calvin didn’t understand. He was old enough to know that ‘passed away’ meant Aunt Mary Ellen was dead and wouldn’t be coming back. Three weeks had passed, though, and even Keri had stopped crying even though she seemed to love throwing herself down onto things and sobbing dramatically. Cal had been sad, of course; Mella was his favorite aunt. But after all the tears had dried but baby Maxwell’s, Cal would watch his mother. Warming bottles, sweeping up the kitchen, fussing with her hair before church…she did it all with a smile and those vacant, sad eyes.

A Bad Dream ~ Keane

The rain beat down in stinging little needles against his skin and the wind whipped his fringe into his eyes no matter how many times he tried to push it away. Even sopping wet, his hair was on a mission to get him killed. If that weren’t enough, players were weaving past him left and right, not bothering to pull their shoulders in as they knocked him to and fro. He didn’t see the bludger until it was too close to dodge and-

“N-n-nightmare,” Cal complained to himself as he rolled over, glad for once to be bad at something.

Blow Me Away ~ Breaking Benjamin

Christmas holiday, Cal decided, was an inappropriate time to be stuck inside, struggling through Potions homework. His father had given his most stern, unforgiving stare when he’d grabbed his gloves while Keri pulled on her boots. Of course he was left inside with Max, babbling meaninglessly in the playpen behind him, while he grasped at strands of the web of information he’d tried to build over the last four months.

“Aconite…night…the moon…wolfsbane, right,” he muttered to himself as he scribbled, wondering momentarily if he’d be docked points for using a pen instead of his quill. “Now, the solution for-”

“Cal!”

Blinking in surprise, Cal glanced around the living room, wondering who’d come inside. Maybe he was finally released from the frustrating tangle of words in his head. “Hello?”

“Cal!”

The chair hit the floor with a sharp crack (didn’t break) as Calvin scrabbled over to the playpen, reaching in to scoop Max into his arms. “Maxwell, buddy, do that again.” He jiggled him softly in his grasp, smile wide enough to be ridiculous. The door opened in a flurry of snowflakes and freezing air and both boys looked up as the lady of the house peeked in.

“Calvin, what are you doing?”

Of course, the question was lost on her son as he swung himself around the room, the low, swooping feeling in his belly welling up as laughter. Everything else had been blown away by the sudden feeling that, for the first time, he was holding his little brother.

Your Kisses Are Wasted On Me

Lisa Shelley would be upstairs in five minutes. The options were few, and Cal weighed each of them as he hovered in the common room. He could run upstairs and hide in the boys’ dorms, but even that wasn’t a sure thing, since more than once she had run right into the room just before bedtime, leading to a bad scramble for something to hide behind. He could leave, but there was no guarantee he wouldn’t pass her on his way. Her fellow third years were probably his best bet at some kind of protection from the incoming assault.

While he still chatting up a storm about the last Quidditch match between Ravenclaw and Slytherin and beckoning the younger boys into a circle around his chair, the entrance burst open and the shrill sound of what seemed to be Lisa’s mating call rang through the room. “CALVIN COUGHLIN!” she squealed, barreling through Devon and Dylan Whitmore to pile into his lap, peppering kisses across his cheeks.

Cal groaned and shook his head, unimpressed but unwilling to push her off and hurt her feelings. He was sure she was a sweet girl, but really, all those kisses were wasted on him.

Ye Olde Hope

Even as he balled his fists and clenched his teeth, moments from turning around to face his antagonist, Cal had the time to feel a little unsure. He didn’t understand what teenagers wanted with a barely eleven year old kid who couldn’t defend himself against them. Yet Dawlish had knocked his books to the floor twelve times and didn’t seem to be stopping, no matter how polite and unassuming Cal tried to be. He went out of his way to avoid the bullies and be nice to everyone else, yet they took one look at the undergrown boy and singled him out.

Steaming with the rage that built over months of being mistreated despite his best efforts, Calvin stacked his textbooks quietly and stalked off toward the common room. There was nothing to be done at the moment, but all bets were off for Dawlish and his buddies. Cal let go of his old hope and knew that when he was able, he’d find a way to get all of them back and then some. He might not be tall and brutal like the jerks of this school, but with enough patience and planning, he could be just as cruel.

That Guy ~ Tori Amos

It wasn’t often that Cal got hit. The gash under his eye looked nastier than it really was, the way face wounds always did. He had already explained that to the sweet little first year girl who hadn’t cried once while she was being roughhoused but burst into tears when she saw the blood where the dumb brute (a Gryffindor a year below him) had scraped him with his ring. He felt satisfied with the stinging pain he felt as he cleaned it, remembering the kid’s adoring face. Keri’s voice rang in his ears, telling him that he ought to go to a prefect, at least, but that would just make her more of a target. Besides, he didn’t need to make anyone look like a tattler; he just didn’t want to be that guy, the one who couldn’t take care of his own business like a man ought to.

Wonderful ~ Everclear

Everything was finished. Potions was finished. History of Magic was finished. Charms had been done for weeks. His dad had grudgingly helped his through the piles of Transfiguration. Even Herbology, horror of horrors on paper but fantastic in practice, was completely done, though rather sloppily and clearly against his will. But this was it. Cal’s summer homework was done away with and the last weeks of the summer stretched ahead of him, seeming endless and full of a buzzy feeling of anticipation. There were knees to be scraped and things to teach Max and stuff to build. Everything was wonderful.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 50Shuffle Drabbles (53 in total)   50Shuffle Drabbles (53 in total) Empty

Back to top Go down

50Shuffle Drabbles (53 in total)
Page 1 of 1