Order Of The Phoenix
Order Of The Phoenix
Order Of The Phoenix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Marauders Forever

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
House Points
Slytherin and Ravenclaw are cooler than you.
Similar topics
    El Zombi Pequeño
    Affiliates

The mythical, the legendary, the failure at titles.

Go down 
    2 posters
    Go to page : Previous  1, 2
    AuthorMessage
    this modern glitch.
    Ravenclaw
    Ravenclaw
    this modern glitch.

House : Ravenclaw and Burkenshire

The mythical, the legendary, the failure at titles. - Page 2 Empty
    PostSubject: Re: The mythical, the legendary, the failure at titles.   The mythical, the legendary, the failure at titles. - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 19, 2011 2:59 am

Matt laughed at Henrietta's expression. Clearly, liberal arts was a term to be avoided. "I guess that being an English teacher, liberal arts educations are good in my books. Most people would say that English isn't the most practical subject, but I think it's important. After all, most jobs require some writing skills--even scientists have to write up lab reports, after all. Liberal arts education gives students a taste of everything, and having the opportunity to take English and art along with science and business... I think that's a good thing." He was getting slightly off-topic, but that was okay. Henrietta was surprisingly easy to talk to, for someone who had a reputation for being an old sourpuss. Matthias was enjoying the conversation quite a bit.

"I just think it is nice to have a good, round education. That way, you're prepared for anything. That is why I think SAS is nice. Our students really are prepared for just about anything that they have to deal with in both the muggle and magical worlds."
    Back to top Go down
    josettes.
    Ravenclaw
    Ravenclaw
    josettes.

House : Ravenclaw/Meriwether

PostSubject: Re: The mythical, the legendary, the failure at titles.   The mythical, the legendary, the failure at titles. - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 19, 2011 3:06 am

"I have to admit, I didn't care much for English. Not that it wasn't important, I just don't have the right sort of mind for it. I can see the results of a test or measure the growth of a plant, and it has no meaning other than itself. But symbolism, allegory....it always zipped over my head." She frowned, displeased with revealing one of her weaknesses. Surely this one wasn't so important, but it was her flaws that had driven her husband away, after all. "I'd love to be able to understand it. I guess I just never had someone explain it properly."

Back to top Go down
    this modern glitch.
    Ravenclaw
    Ravenclaw
    this modern glitch.

PostSubject: Re: The mythical, the legendary, the failure at titles.   The mythical, the legendary, the failure at titles. - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 19, 2011 3:28 am

Matt beamed. Although Henrietta admitted to not having a natural aptitude for English, the fact that she didn't loathe it was promising. "I've had my share of lousy English teachers over the year, who try to interpret until they are blue in the face. Although a certain amount is important, especially with certain authors, I tend to focus more on plot, theme, and characters. I like novels much better than poetry. Trying to decipher the work of some poets is like reading the transcript of someone talking themselves into a drug-induced coma. People who understand poetry are madmen."
    Back to top Go down
    josettes.
    Ravenclaw
    Ravenclaw
    josettes.

House : Ravenclaw/Meriwether

PostSubject: Re: The mythical, the legendary, the failure at titles.   The mythical, the legendary, the failure at titles. - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 19, 2011 3:43 am

Ettie caught herself just before she laughed, wondering what had gotten into her. She immediately straightened up her posture, as if that would somehow help correct her behavior into something more appropriate. It did little, though, as the words that next slipped out of her mind were even worse than she had imagined. "My....my ex-husband was fond of poetry. I never understood it, because he didn't seem like that sort of man, but he would leave these notes..." She bit hard into the inside of her bottom lip to keep from going any further. "I couldn't grasp most of it, even when it was something as simple as a Shakespearean sonnet. Poetry and reality don't fit together, I think. That's the problem." She nodded curtly, as if formally ending the subject in her mind. "And your older students? Faring well?"
    Back to top Go down
    this modern glitch.
    Ravenclaw
    Ravenclaw
    this modern glitch.

PostSubject: Re: The mythical, the legendary, the failure at titles.   The mythical, the legendary, the failure at titles. - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 19, 2011 4:25 am

Matthias knew vaguely of Henrietta's ex. Rumors spread in the faculty lounge, after all. However, he had never heard her mention him before, and he was upset by how much talking about it upset her. He was sad that it was his fault that she thought of him, and he quickly latched onto her change in subject. "My older students have been doing fine, although it is becoming clear to me that a lot of them are noticing that trouble is brewing around in the school leadership. They have been louder than usual."
    Back to top Go down
    Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The mythical, the legendary, the failure at titles.   The mythical, the legendary, the failure at titles. - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

The mythical, the legendary, the failure at titles.
    Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2