Order Of The Phoenix
Order Of The Phoenix
Order Of The Phoenix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Marauders Forever

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
House Points
Slytherin and Ravenclaw are cooler than you.
Similar topics
El Zombi Pequeño
Affiliates

Vena Hyperion nee Riddle.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
watch her rise.
Slytherin
Slytherin
watch her rise.

House : Slytherin

Vena Hyperion nee Riddle.  Empty
PostSubject: Vena Hyperion nee Riddle.    Vena Hyperion nee Riddle.  EmptySun Jun 03, 2012 3:25 am

Vena lay on the couch, Dory curled up in her arms. Scor was out of the room, attempting to put Finn to bed. “Mum?” Dory asked, her voice was quiet, the quiet of a small child struggling to stay awake.

“Yes?”

“Why don’t I have any grandparents?” Vena stiffened at the question, she and Scor tended to avoid talking about their parents even these years later. “Did they die?” she glanced at her daughter, who was staring up at her hesitantly.

Now was not the day to tell Dory that her grandfather had been one of the most feared Dark Lord of all time. “Mine are,” she said.

“Do you miss them?” It almost made her laugh, the prospect of it. But she didn’t, because Dory wouldn’t understand.

“No I don’t miss them,” she wondered if she should have lied to her about that, but she knew if she had it would have come up when the girl was older. She knew at some stage she would have to explain who her father was. “I didn’t know my mother, she died when I was born. I didn’t know her enough to miss her.”

“Don’t you miss your dad?” the girl was frowning, not understanding why she wouldn’t miss her dad.

“No,” she said quite simply.

“Why not?”

“I’ll tell you another day.”

“But Mum-” she protested, sitting up a little bit.

“Another day,” she wasn’t too sure how she was going to explain it another day, but she could worry about that later. Along with worrying about when she was going to.

Dory pouted at her mother, and was silent for a few moments. “What about dad?”

“What about him?”

“Are his parents alive?”

“He doesn’t have any parents.”

This caused Dory to frown. “Are they dead?” her mother shook her head and the girl frowned further. “But that doesn’t make any sense!” she pushed herself up away from her mother, and turned around on the couch so that she was facing her. “If they aren’t dead, he has to have parents.”

“He did have parents, and then he decided that he didn’t want to see them anymore.”

“But why?”

“Dad doesn’t like them very much.”

“Why?”

“They weren’t very nice to him,” to put it simply, again she didn’t want to get into the details of it. When she was older, she and Scor could discuss it with her.

“Mum?”

“Yes Sweetie?” she asked warily.

“Can we go see dad’s parents?”

Vena frowned. “I don’t think that is a very good idea dear,” she said, moving around so that she could easily stand up off of the couch. “Come on, bedtime.”

The girl protested, but grabbed onto her mother’s hand and followed her out of the room. “But why not? I want to see my grandparents.”

Vena shook her head, though she wondered what had gotten the girl thinking about the fact that she did not have any grandparents. “Goodnight,” she said firmly, as she slid into bed, and Vena pulled the sheets up over her. Dory didn’t reply, frowning deeply at her mother. Vena sighed, kissed her on the forehead and left the room, Scor gave her a quizzical look when she reached their room.

“Oh nothing,” she said, pulling her top off over her head and grabbing the one that she slept in. “Dory was just asking why she didn’t have any grandparents.”

Scor frowned.
Back to top Go down
http://ootp.niceboard.net
watch her rise.
Slytherin
Slytherin
watch her rise.

PostSubject: Re: Vena Hyperion nee Riddle.    Vena Hyperion nee Riddle.  EmptySun Jun 03, 2012 4:07 am

Vena yawned staring down at the small girl in her arms, whose pale eyes stared back at her, her blonde hair covering a part of her face, the girl’s eyes drooped shut but she fought to keep them open. Vena’s mouth twitched and she yawned. “Bedtime I think,” She murmured, pushing a stand of hair behind her hair. She glanced over her shoulder at the other couch in the room, smiling when she saw that Scor had fallen asleep, a book lying open on his lap.

“Look at that,” Vena muttered to her daughter as she stood up, cradeling the small girl in her arms. “Dad is sleeping on the couch, do you think we should wake him?” She asked Pandora heading out of the room to where her daughter slept. “Or should we wake him so he can sleep in his own bed?” The girl didn’t rely, just stared sleepily up at her. “That’s what I thought,” Vena said into the silence, laying the girl down.

“Sweet dreams Dory,” She whispered pulling the blanket up over her, leaving her head poking out. Vena smiled leaning against the post and staring down at her daughter, the small girl who looked almost nothing like her, but a lot like her father. Dory stared at the carousel above her bed, with the quidditch pieces that slowly turned around., for a few moments before her small eyes shut. Vena stood there for a while longer, to make sure that she had fallen asleep and then just because the girl looked so peaceful while she slept. Vena smiled again, amazed at this little girl who had brought so much into her life that she had never thought she would have, never thought was possible.

With a smile she headed out of the room and towards her own stopping at the door of the lounge room, where Scor still was, half on the couch with a leg and arm dangling off, his fingers centimetres off of the floor, the book he had been reading still on his lap, open.

Heading towards him she dimly wondered what time it was leaning down she kissed him and shook his shoulders gently. “As nice as the couch is,” She murmured kissing him again when he opened his eyes groggily. “It isn’t a substitute for the bed so,” She smiled standing up. “I wouldn’t recommend sleeping on it. You’d regret it in the morning.” As Scor sat up the book tumbled to the floor with a bang, and Vena turned to head towards the bedroom. “Night dear.”
“Night Love.”

Vena rolled over and groaned, she opened her eyes looking at the outline of Scor, listening to the sounds of Dory’s screaming. She yawned, wishing that children would sleep through the night. She rolled over again and pulled the duvet around her shoulders. “Your turn,” She mumbled sleepily to her husband, listening to the wails.
Back to top Go down
watch her rise.
Slytherin
Slytherin
watch her rise.

PostSubject: Re: Vena Hyperion nee Riddle.    Vena Hyperion nee Riddle.  EmptyMon Aug 20, 2012 5:48 am

Vena walked through the Hogwarts halls, turning her wand slowly around her hand, classes had ended for the day and she was heading towards the library. It was a nicer place to sit and read and do work than the Slytherin common room. Usually she borrowed a few books and went to find a hidey-hole to sit and read, away from the rest of the school. Where the student body couldn’t bother her.

A Slytherin fifth year, in the year above her nearly walked straight into her. Neither of them had been paying an awful lot of attention to where they had been walking. The boy rocked back onto his feet to take some of the momentum, and scowled upon seeing the girl that he nearly stumbled into. “Watch it, miss dark lord.” The boy couldn’t pass her in the halls without a derogatory comment.

“Don’t,” she snapped, it wasn’t very creative, and she had heard it all before in her four years at the school. But she was tired of it, and was getting very irritated, very quickly. If anything was going to send her down that path, it was the increasing amount of comments that she got with being related to the most feared dark lord. “Don’t call me that.”

He raised an amused eyebrow at her. “Why?” he drawled. “It’s true.”

She swung her wand up and pressed it against his chest. He flinched. “Don’t,” she warned, jabbing him with the tip and causing him to wince, before then stepping around him and walking off.

The next time the same boy made a comment about her birth she didn’t even bother to tell him off, to warn him to stop irritating her. She just spun on her foot (as the boy had walked past her) and with a slash of her wand sent him sprawling into the ground with a bang. “Don’t,” she repeated quietly, but harshly, walking over to where he was picking himself up off the ground with a disgruntled expression.

He scowled at her. “Your name suits you,” he spat. Because people were cruel, and knew exactly the best way to hurt a person. “Venomous Riddle, you really are quite, plan on becoming the next dark lady hmm?”

She hissed at him. “My father does not define me,” she had always thought perhaps that at least her house mates should understand that, because the stain of Voldemort was still something that hung over the whole house. Being blood related was a little to close for their comfort however, even those whose fathers had been strong supporters. “Leave. Me. Alone,” and for good measure she sent a stinging hex into his shoulder. The boy yelped, and she stalked off. The rest of her school mates in the hallway hastily jumped out of her way.

People started to leave her alone once she started hexing those who bothered her, it had a detrimental affect on people’s view of her. Because their empty comments started to hold merit when she started hexing people. People could say all their wanted, she didn’t care, as long as they left her well alone when they said it.
Back to top Go down
josettes.
Ravenclaw
Ravenclaw
josettes.

House : Ravenclaw/Meriwether

PostSubject: Re: Vena Hyperion nee Riddle.    Vena Hyperion nee Riddle.  EmptyMon Aug 20, 2012 4:17 pm

Every time you post another one of these I love Vena a little more Very Happy
Back to top Go down
watch her rise.
Slytherin
Slytherin
watch her rise.

PostSubject: Re: Vena Hyperion nee Riddle.    Vena Hyperion nee Riddle.  EmptyTue Aug 21, 2012 8:06 am

I love her more whenever I write them. If that's even possible, because I already love her to pieces.

-----

Vena sat in the head of Slytherin’s office, her hand twirling her wand quickly around as she stared at her head of house. Although it was sixth year instead of fifth, she was having her discussion over career options.

The head of house stared at her for a few long moments, not too sure what to make of her, before he sighed and acknowledged the girl, who continued to twirl her wand and nodded her head in greeting.

“I see you turned up this year, “ he had chosen to schedule it again, although he had been doubtful the girl had turned up, he had been taken by surprise when she had.

“Yes,” she answered simply.

“Why did you not come last year?” he had known at the time that chasing her about it would get him no where. If she didn’t want to come, she wouldn’t come. Though this year he had noticed a slight change in the girl.

She shrugged. “I saw no reason to,” he sighed and stared at her, she was insufferable.

“And why?”

“Because nobody is going to hire me,” she answered bluntly.

“Well with that attitude of course not.”

She laughed harshly. “Even with a fantastic attitude no one will, not unless I get a job in the muggle world which I’d rather not,” she finally stopped twirling her wand and stared at him. “No one wants to hire the daughter of Tom Riddle, it is as simple as that.”

He leaned back in his chair, thinking about the best course of action to go about this meeting. “So why are you here then?”

She tilted her head to the side, sensing the partial challenge in his voice. “Because I want to do something, I don’t want to struggle to live. I want the chance to try,” she leaned backwards in her chair. “I do not want the shadow of what my father did to continuously be used to judge me. I am my own person,” she raised an eyebrow in challenge to him.

“How noble of you,” the head of house sneered, though secretly he was pleased that this bitter girl had started to try.

Her lip twitched at the corner. “Oh not noble, I’ll leave that to the Gryffindors. But I do have a sense of ambition contrary to popular belief, and also do need to eat, I’ve heard money helps with the whole buying food aspect of that.”

“And what would you do, if you were given the chance of the profession you wanted?” he was interested, seeing a side of this girl, who usually appeared bored, uninterested, above it all.

“An auror,” she said casually, as if it was no big deal.

The head of house raised an eyebrow in surprise, he eyed her for a few moments wondering whether she was mocking or not.

She appeared sincere, but one was never really sure. He knew better than to ask the girl if she was sure, she would have thought it out beforehand, not one to chose it for the glory attached to the position. Slytherins did not become aurors for the glory.

She stared back challenging, daring him to comment on her chosen profession, to say that she couldn’t, that it was impossible and would never happen. In turn, he smiled and gave her a brief overview of the grades she would need. He had no doubt she could achieve them. She was quick with a wand, and talented in her spell work.

The Riddle girl nodded at his overview, standing to leave once he was finished. “Miss Riddle,” he said, she turned to face him expectantly. “It will be very difficult.”

“I know.”

“And I am not referring to just getting the grades.”

“I know, and I’m fully aware, I have seen the way prejudice affects the way people act. I have been here for five and a bit years. I know.”

He nodded. “You have the ability to do it. People do not need to like you, you just need to prove that you can, and you are able to. From your grades you can, your teachers admit as much, even though your insolence in their classes. You will have to work hard, getting into the auror program is no easy feat. But prove to them that you can. You can gain respect even if they gruddgingly give it because they do not like your background.”

She was silent for a little while. “Thank you,” she said quietly.

He nodded. “Good day Miss Riddle. I believe that you can do it if you try.”

The girl appeared slightly started before she turned and left, frowning thoughtfully.
Back to top Go down
watch her rise.
Slytherin
Slytherin
watch her rise.

PostSubject: Re: Vena Hyperion nee Riddle.    Vena Hyperion nee Riddle.  EmptyWed Aug 22, 2012 6:11 am

Vena shifted on her feet, as the student body slowly hushed, their attention drifting to Vena, it was one of many DA meetings, and they were going to start proper duelling. She was slightly hesitant to how it would go, she caught Scor’s eye and smiled at him, before turning her attention to the crowd.

“Today we are going to start free play duelling,” she said, raising her voice so that she could be heard. “But before I let you all knock each other out, there is going to be a demonstration,” the students perked up, excited at the prospect of a proper duel. She gestured to the side of the hall. “Professor Potter,” she announced.

She was not too sure whether this was the best idea, but she would see it through. She wasn’t sure how it would end, and that uncertainty worried her.

Harry stepped onto the stage, which made the students even more interested about the duel, they edged closer whilst also keeping a weary distance.

Vena twirled her wand around her hand as Harry stepped forward. The two turned, faced each other and bowed. He looked determined and composed. His hand firm on his wand, his eyes focused on her.

Once more Vena doubted whether it was a good idea, he was a very skilled auror, even she had to admit that. But she was determined to hold her own. They turned and stepped away from each other, once again turning once they were a certain amount of steps away.

Once they started Harry moved first, attempting to disarm her, she blocked it lazily though kept her eyes alert, she wasn’t going to let him lull her into a false sense of security.

She threw a hex at him, which he deflected with ease, sending one back in a split second. Sending two more straight after, forcing her onto the defensive.

And such they parried, back and forth. Eyes darting and careful steps around watching their footing. Vena was quick, she had a high knowledge of spells and her reflexes were fast but Harry was an auror, and had the training that went with it. The knowledge of duelling, and experience. Whereas Vena had none of that experience, her raw talent wasn’t quite enough to make up for that.

She had completely forgotten the crowd, watching the duo duel back and forth, curious to who would win, and how the loser would take losing.

Pain shot up her arm as the edge of a hex grazed across her, she winced but kept her hold firmly on her wand and had sent a stinging hex back before the pain had subsided.

Once or twice she was forced to throw herself sideways to avoid being hit, but once or twice so did he.

Harry sent another trio of spells in quick succession, she deflected the first, and sidestepped the second but the third slammed into her chest and she stumbled backwards. Fighting for her footing she threw up a shield charm and sent a badly aimed stunner over his shoulder, which he ducked. He sent another spell at her which hit her hand and sent pain shooting up her fingers. In the moment of pain, her grip loosened and ironically enough expelliarmus was enough to cause her wand to fling out of her hand and clatter to the floor.

Her eyes drifted to her wand but she knew that by being disarmed she had lost the duel. Her face flushed and tinged pink from the duel, she pushed her hair out of her face. “I concede,” she told Harry with a nod, who nodded back and pocketed his wand. Ignoring hers for the moment she turned to the students, who applauded their professor and waited to see how she would take the loss. They were perhaps slightly surprised to see that she took it good naturedly.

She sent them off to duel, half at a time, so as to attempt to prevent stray spells from hitting people, or the people just stumbling into each other. Once they were settled, although eyes still followed her and the students talked in hushed voices to each other, she retrieved her wand, twirling it once before pocketing it.

Harry come over and she nodded to him. “Good duel,” she said.

“You are an apt duellist,” he admitted. “Inexperienced perhaps, but at your age that isn’t a surprise. You’re a quick thinker, and have good reflexes, things which are very helpful in duels,” he nodded. “Good job,” he turned and walked away.

She blinked a few times, and then went to check on the progress of the students.
Back to top Go down
watch her rise.
Slytherin
Slytherin
watch her rise.

PostSubject: Re: Vena Hyperion nee Riddle.    Vena Hyperion nee Riddle.  EmptySat Sep 01, 2012 7:10 am

There was a new worker at the orphanage, a young woman with light brown hair and dark brown eyes called Rosemarie Addler. She tailed the head of the orphanage around said place, getting a quick tour, and introduction to some of the children that they passed.

They headed outside into the garden, it wasn’t small, but it wasn’t large enough to hold all the children if they had all at once decided they wanted to play outside. That did not happen very often however, if at all. At this point there were only four children in the yard, two girls and a boy at one corner, with a pile of weather worn coloured blocks. The boy building his own tower, and the two girls building on together.

On the other side of the garden sat a young girl, she didn’t appear to be playing with anything, just sitting there on her own.

“Whose that girl over there?” she asked the head, interrupting her half way through a sentence that Rosemarie hadn’t been listening to.

“Hm?” she glanced where Rosemarie was referring to. “Oh, that’s Venomous.” Rosemarie looked at her sharply and she shrugged. “It was the name her mother gave her.”

“And you didn’t think to change it?”

“We don’t go around changing the children’s names, because then we need to figure out where we draw the line. What about names that are perfectly fine, but we ourselves just don’t like them?”

“Poor child,” Rosemarie murmured.

The head hummed her agreement.

“Does she play on her own often?”

“Mostly, she doesn’t get on well with the other children. I think she just prefers to be on her own, you don’t usually see children so solitary, she’s a little bit… strange.”

“Strange how?” she frowned.

The head shrugged. “Just strange,” she wasn’t about the mention all the things that could be brought back to magic, because they knew that magic didn’t exist. “Go talk to her if you want. Not that she’s very talkative.”

“Is she slow?”

She shook her head. “Nope, If you can get her talking… I had a …delightful… conversations with her once about a snake,” she shrugged as if it didn’t make much sense to her either. “The way she talked, she knew a lot about them, and was very interested in them. She’ll read anything she can get her hands on. You can just… tell I suppose. You can tell she notices what is going on around her. I guess being so solitary helps that. I’m just glad she isn’t troublesome. Maybe she’ll grow up to be, but she seems content enough.”

“She’s probably lonely,” Rosemarie commented as the young boy who had been playing with the blocks ran over and started babbling about his tower, pulling the head over to it. She allowed herself to be pulled along and Rosemarie walked over to Venomous, crouching down next to the girl.

“Hello,” she said quietly, the girl’s head snapped up and stared at her. “I’m Rosemarie, I’m knew here,” the young girl nodded. “Who are you?”

“Venomous,” Rosemarie wondered if she knew the meaning of her name, or at least that bad connotation attached to it. She read a lot, so it was possible.

“Long name, like mine too, maybe we should shorten them do you think? Much easier to say.”

She hesitated for a small moment and then nodded. “What do you think is a good shorter name for me? Rose, Rosier, Marie?”

“Marie,” the girl said firmly, and Rosemarie smiled at her.

“Very nice,” she said approvingly. “What about for you?” The girl shrugged at her, and Rosemarie made a thoughtful noise. “What about… Ven, Veno, Vena? Vena,” she repeated with a nod. “What do you think?”

After a couple of moments she nodded. “Vena,” she repeated, and the six year old smiled. Marie smiled in return.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Vena Hyperion nee Riddle.    Vena Hyperion nee Riddle.  Empty

Back to top Go down

Vena Hyperion nee Riddle.
Page 1 of 1