Order Of The Phoenix
Order Of The Phoenix
Order Of The Phoenix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Marauders Forever

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
House Points
Slytherin and Ravenclaw are cooler than you.
Similar topics
El Zombi Pequeño
Affiliates

Boo's Story

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
panthera leo
Gryffindor
Gryffindor
panthera leo

Location : dreaming. it doesn't matter as much where i am but where I'm going.
House : Head of Gryffindor. Rawr.

Boo's Story Empty
PostSubject: Boo's Story   Boo's Story EmptyWed Jun 17, 2009 4:12 am

Here is the first couple pages of a story i am writing. I can always put more up if you guys want it...

Chapter 1

“I promise you’re going to love your new school honey!” My mom was too cheery.
You could hear the vibrato in her voice, meaning that she was lying. That little crease between her eyes was starting to get bigger. Lately, I had learned to recognize when she was lying. A couple short months ago, my mom would have been weeping and begging me too stay. But everything that had happened since the start of my middle school years had changed all of that.

I had changed schools a lot. It never bugged me before. Moving was something mom loved to do. Some people liked to stay in one small town all of their lives. Mom was the opposite. Once a year, she decided that she wanted to move to another place. I never lived in small towns though because Mom liked big cities like New York or Miami where she could party it up and have a great time before she wanted to move again.

More and more though, the reason for us moving was me. Sometimes I didn’t even have to wait for my year in each city to be up. Before this school year, I was an okay student, never trying to cause trouble. And since I never had many friends I didn’t have to worry about getting caught up in bad activities with others my age. But in August when I found out what I could do, everything changed. I got kicked out of a school in Los Angeles in 6th grade. During my 8th grade year, a private school in Miami expelled me. I never got expelled for skipping school or drugs or anything like that. My reasons for getting kicked out were always special and I’ll bet the principals and deans in my past schools will never have another case like me.

The reason I got expelled in Los Angeles was a kid named Otis Fenderline. I didn’t mean to send him flying across the hallway. All I meant to do was punch him just enough to get him back for making fun of my sweater (my grandma was in town and my mom insisted I wear the sweater she gave me). Something entirely different happened involving a flying file cabinet, a large black bear and a kangaroo in boxing gloves. The principal didn’t buy it when I said it was an accident.

In 8th grade, I came to school really depressed about my beloved dog dying. I was keeping to myself more than usual (if thats possible). One of the school bullies, Anthony Greene, came over to me and found my eyes red from crying. He started to make fun of me for crying during school and things got out of hand, to say the least. Suddenly, Anthony was screaming his head off. After that little incident, he was extremely afraid of anything large and gray. Apparently, Florida law frowns upon misuse of elephants in a school community. Now, in my 9th grade year, I was left without options. Mom and I couldn’t find a school that would take me after what had happened this year. We had searched for any private school (Mom didn’t like public schools) that would take me, to no avail.

None of that mattered right now. I was leaving my mom who had been my security blanket my whole life. I was going to a strict boarding school in London where hopefully, there wouldn’t be any behaviors that could set off my “little problem”. Even though I wanted to cry out like a five year old and tell my mom that I never wanted to leave her, I knew I had to be strong for both of us. I knew how hard this was for my mom. She didn’t want me to leave anymore than I wanted to go to London.

“I know I will mom, don’t worry about me.”

As soon as I said it I knew how stupid it sounded. Of course she would worry about me. She probably wasn’t going to sleep tonight or tomorrow night. She had already made me promise a million times that I would write to her and tell her about everything.

“Okay, well... you had better go. You don’t want to miss your flight.” I could hear the tears coming.

“Yeah,” I grabbed my luggage and started toward my gate but then turned, forgetting something. “Oh and, good-bye mom.”

Suddenly, she ran to me with a huge force and started bawling on my shoulder. I would have been knocked over if she wasn’t holding me up. Although it was really embarrassing, I never wanted this moment to end. If I could have, I would have stayed in those few minutes forever, never having to leave my security blanket. Finally, she loosened her embrace and looked at me with watery eyes.

“I’m gonna miss you, Dee.” That surprised me. She never used my nickname anymore. It was always Delilah when we were just talking or Delilah Anne when I was in trouble. After dad died, she wouldn’t use his nickname for me anymore. The only people that ever called me Dee were my few friends and my grandparents.

“I’m gonna miss you too. And Mom, try not to get into any trouble while I’m gone, okay?” Mom had a reputation for getting kicked out of clubs for her wild partying.

She nodded and laughed weakly. I knew that she was trying not to open her mouth because when she did, her emotions would betray her and the tears would come back. I left it at that so I wouldn’t cause her anymore pain then was necessary.

*UPDATE*

I slowly turned and headed toward the gate that would bring me to London. I didn’t look back at Mom, it would cause both of us heartache that we didn’t want or need. I quickened my pace so Mom wouldn’t see me cry.

The colorful fish and cheery tourists in the airport didn’t fit my attitude. Everyone was so happy to be in the sun on vacation, enjoying themselves. I guess Miami isn’t the easiest place to be depressed in.

Finally, I reached my gate. I sat down next to a business man who was busy typing furiously on his laptop. He was right up against the screen and he looked like he was punching the computer. Most of the people going to London were business people but there was a young couple, probably going on a honeymoon, a teenage boy who was probably about eighteen or nineteen who looked like he had ordered one too many drinks, and one other girl my age. The girl interested me. She looked just like me, alone, quiet and shy. But she looked hopeful, unlike me.

She looked up and saw me staring. I quickly looked down in embarrassment. My cheeks felt hot from blushing. Out of the corner of my eye I could see the girl stand up. Oh great. She was probably coming over to ask what kind of freak I was for staring her. My cheeks burned hotter. The girl sat down on my side that wasn’t taken by the Computer Killer.

The girl was quiet for a second, she was probably regretting coming over here. Then she spoke in a tone that sounded like someone weak was trying to be brave, “Um, hi. My name is Olive,” I looked up and she held out her hand.

I took her hand and shook it, “I’m Delilah.” I was horrible at first impressions.

“Well, I saw you and your mom out there,” she pointed in the direction I had come from, “and I was wondering if you were going to London too.”

“Yeah. I am going to boarding school there.” When I said this, her face lit up and her lips pulled into a huge smile.
“Me too!” Suddenly, she frowned and pulled her face back, unhappy with her reaction. She cleared her throat and said with a little more control, “Which school?”

“Um its called St. Fredrick’s, I think,” I was so brilliant at talking to people.

“I am too!” This time, she didn’t recoil, “That’s so cool! Small world, isn’t it?”

“Yeah, I guess,” I said, once again using my tremendous vocabulary.

She looked at my expression which was probably very depressed looking. She looked worried, “Oh, I’m sorry. If you don’t want to talk, thats okay.”

“No, its fine! Its not you. I’m just not happy about going,” she looked confused at my reaction, “You know, away from Florida.”

“Are you being sent to London?”

“Yeah. Mom thought it would be good if things were a bit quieter for me.”

“My parents would never send me to a boarding school if I didn’t want to go. I am going because I wanted to get away from my family, they are a little much sometimes since I have four brothers and two sisters. I’m the oldest and I’m always the one to get blamed for everything. So I guess I am looking for a quieter life too,” She paused, “Do you have any siblings?”

“No. Its just me and my mom. I never had any siblings and my dad died when I was six.”

“Oh I’m sorry,” she said, afraid that she had hurt me.

“Its alright, I’m used to talking about him.”

“Oh thats good.” We both stopped talking for a while after that.

It felt really awkward, standing there listening to Computer Killer pound away and hearing names being called on the loudspeaker while Olive just sat there, obviously waiting for me to start a conversation. It would have been polite to give her her wish and talk to her but I was busy thinking.

My head was swimming with questions. What was about to come of me in this new school? It was going to be totally different from my usual circumstances. What if this didn’t solve my “problem” and I was being sent here for no reason? And less importantly, would I find any friends in London? Who would be my roommate? Would my teachers be nice?

My questions kept me preoccupied until I heard someone on the loudspeaker call for my flight. Olive and I dug around for our tickets then stood up and got in line together. Olive was ecstatic when we found out that our seats were next to each other. We sat down and the flight attendant started to go through all the safety for if the plane crashes (I don’t know why the flight attendants bother, no one ever listens to them) and I decided to let Olive have her wish.

“What was your old school like?” I asked her a question that would let her talk for a while. I was content to let her chat about her old school and her friends while I let my mind wander again.
[/]

Last edited by unwritten. on Wed Jun 17, 2009 7:26 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
josettes.
Ravenclaw
Ravenclaw
josettes.

House : Ravenclaw/Meriwether

Boo's Story Empty
PostSubject: Re: Boo's Story   Boo's Story EmptyWed Jun 17, 2009 8:13 am

Ooh, I like this. Really gives a good bit of insight to the characters without talking forever about backgrounds, it more reveals it through stuff that's actually relevant. It's humorous as well, which is always nice.
“I’m gonna miss you, Dee.” <--- that really got me, for some reason. Excellent. Don't know about everyone else but I'd enjoy more Very Happy
Back to top Go down
panthera leo
Gryffindor
Gryffindor
panthera leo

Location : dreaming. it doesn't matter as much where i am but where I'm going.
House : Head of Gryffindor. Rawr.

Boo's Story Empty
PostSubject: Re: Boo's Story   Boo's Story EmptyWed Jun 17, 2009 2:37 pm

thanks! Very Happy I put up another two pages or so. enjoy.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Boo's Story Empty
PostSubject: Re: Boo's Story   Boo's Story Empty

Back to top Go down

Boo's Story
Page 1 of 1